From: DL on
Rich,

I assume u resolved the issue. Can u share ur solution - I am receiving the same error.

Thnx
-DL

Rich wrote:

And here is one other statement that did not run from the Database setup
02-Jun-10

And here is one other statement that did not run from the Database setup code

ALTER DATABASE [BugTracker] SET HONOR_BROKER_PRIORITY OFF
GO

The project used linq to objects, entity framework, ... I have been able to
use entity framework with sql server 2005 express edition (or whatever
edition I have loaded from VS2008). What can I do (what should I do) about
the statement above? Can I ignore it? Is there a workaround?

Thanks.

"Rich" wrote:

On Wednesday, June 02, 2010 12:48 PM
Rich wrote:

ALTER DATABASE [...] SET COMPATIBILITY_LEVEL = 100 ---- giving err
The following statement came from a sample project I downloaded from
Codeproject - sample illustrating WCF, MVC with asp.net (sql code in the
project to set up a database for the sample project)

ALTER DATABASE [BugTracker] SET COMPATIBILITY_LEVEL = 100
GO

I get this error:
Msg 102, Level 15, State 1, Line 1
Incorrect syntax near '100'.

The sample project was developed in VS2008 (C#) -- which I have loaded on my
workstation and can (sort of) run. My place is currently running sql server
2000 on the server box and sql 2005 tools on my workstation. I have sql 2005
express edition (I think it is 2005) on the workstation. Does the statement
above require sql server 2008 express? Or is there actually a syntax error?
How to fix this?

Thanks,
Rich

On Wednesday, June 02, 2010 1:05 PM
Rich wrote:

And here is one other statement that did not run from the Database setup
And here is one other statement that did not run from the Database setup code

ALTER DATABASE [BugTracker] SET HONOR_BROKER_PRIORITY OFF
GO

The project used linq to objects, entity framework, ... I have been able to
use entity framework with sql server 2005 express edition (or whatever
edition I have loaded from VS2008). What can I do (what should I do) about
the statement above? Can I ignore it? Is there a workaround?

Thanks.

"Rich" wrote:

On Wednesday, June 30, 2010 9:43 PM
DL wrote:

no answer?
Rich,
did you resolve it? can u share ur solution - I am experiencing the same problem.

Thnx

XAML Organizer
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/ac373a5d-e497-4e07-9186-12166e83a024/xaml-organizer.aspx
From: Geoff Schaller on
Rich.

Isn't the answer obvious?

How could you expect SQL Server 2005 to be able to set a compatibility
level to 2008 when it doesn't know it exists, nor can it do anything
with that setting?

Obviously (or at least it is obvious to me) I would need to be in sql
server 2008 before I could raise the compatibility to that level.

Geoff Schaller
Software Objectives

"Rich(a)discussions.microsoft.com" <Rich(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:2010630214328dllundin(a)hotmail.com: