From: jstidsto on
I have an excel worksheet that has charts in it. These charts I copied and
pasted as links to a Word doc. In the paste I was able to go into the excel
worksheet and make changes and with it open go back to the word doc and
update links. I do not save the changes in the excel worksheet they are
just temp. changes I want to show up in the word doc. so when I did that and
updated the links in Word I would save as another doc and close out the excel
worksheet without saving those minor changes.

Recently i have been trying to to this but I keep getting an error message
that I cannot do this because there is already another excel worksheet open
with the same name. Why does this happen. Again all I am doing is making
small changes to excel, updated links in word to reflect these changes and
saving that doc as another doc, closing out excel without saving the changes
I made. Is it because when I make the changes to excel I need to save them
before updating my links in word? Its saying I have another excel worksheet
already open and I never got that message before.