From: Olav on
I have recently added the following lines to the manifest file:

<trustInfo xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v3">
<security>
<requestedPrivileges>
<requestedExecutionLevel level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false'/>
</requestedPrivileges>
</security>
</trustInfo>

I get the following linker warning:
manifest authoring warning 81010002: Unrecognized Element
"requestedPrivileges" in namespace "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v3".

Details:
Visual Studio 2005
OS: Win XP Pro
The manifest file is refered to in the project properties.

Any idea?
From: David Lowndes on
>I have recently added the following lines to the manifest file:
>
> <trustInfo xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v3">
> <security>
> <requestedPrivileges>
> <requestedExecutionLevel level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false'/>
> </requestedPrivileges>
> </security>
> </trustInfo>
>
>I get the following linker warning:
>manifest authoring warning 81010002: Unrecognized Element
>"requestedPrivileges" in namespace "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v3".

Although it doesn't appear to cause a problem it is annoying. I also
see this even with the VS2005 SP1 beta. I can't see any reference to
this on the connect feedback site, so I suggest that you submit a bug
report on it here.

http://connect.microsoft.com/feedback/default.aspx?SiteID=210

Post a link back to your bug report and I'll validate it.

Dave
From: David Lowndes on
>>I have recently added the following lines to the manifest file:
>>
>> <trustInfo xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v3">
>> <security>
>> <requestedPrivileges>
>> <requestedExecutionLevel level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false'/>
>> </requestedPrivileges>
>> </security>
>> </trustInfo>
>>
>>I get the following linker warning:
>>manifest authoring warning 81010002: Unrecognized Element
>>"requestedPrivileges" in namespace "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v3".
>
>Although it doesn't appear to cause a problem it is annoying. I also
>see this even with the VS2005 SP1 beta. I can't see any reference to
>this on the connect feedback site, so I suggest that you submit a bug
>report on it here.
>
>http://connect.microsoft.com/feedback/default.aspx?SiteID=210
>
>Post a link back to your bug report and I'll validate it.

OK, since I can't find anything on Connect, I've submitted it:

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=237720

Dave
From: Olav on
Thanks,
There is a problem if i try to run the app with the manifest when compiled
for debugging. Then I get a blue screen with Fatal windows subsystem error
and 1 option to continue; the off button. But if i compile my app for release
i get the warning but can run the app. I have reported this as a bug here:
https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=237175

Olav

From: David Lowndes on
>There is a problem if i try to run the app with the manifest when compiled
>for debugging. Then I get a blue screen with Fatal windows subsystem error
>and 1 option to continue; the off button.

I suspect that's the known problem that crashes XP when there's a
duplicate section in the XML. Have a look at the workarounds to this
bug report:

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=149147

Dave