From: cmckenzie on
I have a ppt presentation that contains objects linked to data in excel. The
excel files are all on a shared network drive and I think all of them were
converted to excel 2007 files from excel 2003. When I open the ppt
sometimes, I will update the links and it tells me the linked object is
unavailable and can't be updated. Sometimes this will happen and sometimes
it won't. I have also found that sometimes there are certain slides that
will do it, and others with data from the same file that will update just
fine. There doesn't seem to be any consistency to the problem. Is it this
bug that I have seen mentioned in other posts? Or is it something else? I
appreciate any help.
From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <D7DFBDFF-8F85-4299-90B3-EA0485B117E3(a)microsoft.com>, Cmckenzie
wrote:
> I have a ppt presentation that contains objects linked to data in excel. The
> excel files are all on a shared network drive and I think all of them were
> converted to excel 2007 files from excel 2003. When I open the ppt
> sometimes, I will update the links and it tells me the linked object is
> unavailable and can't be updated. Sometimes this will happen and sometimes
> it won't. I have also found that sometimes there are certain slides that
> will do it, and others with data from the same file that will update just
> fine. There doesn't seem to be any consistency to the problem. Is it this
> bug that I have seen mentioned in other posts? Or is it something else? I
> appreciate any help.

Have a look here and scroll down a ways to the section about Excel links:

PowerPoint 2007 bugs / problems
http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00830.htm

And have you applied Service Pack 2? I'm not sure but that might include the
fix alluded to above.

PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint