From: Tony Pursell on
On Mon, 2010-08-02 at 10:17 +0200, J.J. Vastiau wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When I visit a website and then copy the URL in a cell in Calc, sometimes
> the link is active (= clicking opens the URL), sometimes not!
>
> Any clue?
>
> Thabnks and regards
>

> Jean-Jacques VASTIAU
>
> jjv(a)telenet.be
>

> An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
>
> -- Jef Mallett, Frazz, 04-04-07

I'm not quite sure what is happening for you, but, for instance, if I
format a cell with Format > Default Formatting, then paste in a link, it
will not be active. The same will happen if the I apply Default
Formatting to a cell with a link in it - the link is de-activated.

Look at the Help and you will find that applying Default Formatting is
the standard way to de-activate a Hyperlink which has been created by
Automatic URL Recognition.

Hope this helps

Tony

On Mon, 2010-08-02 at 10:17 +0200, J.J. Vastiau wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When I visit a website and then copy the URL in a cell in Calc,
> sometimes the link is active (= clicking opens the URL), sometimes not!
>
> Any clue?
>
> Thabnks and regards
>

> Jean-Jacques VASTIAU
>
> jjv(a)telenet.be
>

> An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
>
> -- Jef Mallett, Frazz, 04-04-07

I'm not quite sure what is happening for you, but, for instance, if I format
a cell with Format > Default Formatting, then paste in a link, it will not
be active. The same will happen if the I apply Default Formatting to a cell
with a link in it - the link is de-activated.

Look at the Help and you will find that applying Default Formatting is the
standard way to de-activate a Hyperlink which has been created by Automatic
URL Recognition.

Hope this helps

Tony

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: Tony Pursell on
On Mon, 2010-08-02 at 11:09 +0200, J.J. Vastiau wrote:
> Well, this answers the question how to de-activate a link.
>
> And how to activate it?
>
> Thanks and regards
>

> Jean-Jacques VASTIAU
>
> jjv(a)telenet.be

Highlight the hyperlink text, navigate to Insert > Hyperlink (or click
on the Hyperlink icon in the tool bar), drag the highlighted text into
the Target box (if it is an Internet address), click Apply.

By the way, discuss(a)openoffice.org is a general discussion list. For
this sort of question you should subscribe to users(a)openoffice.org and
ask questions there.

Tony