From: Rod Pemberton on
NASM PROC and INVOKE macro's in myC32.mac by Peter Johnson,
pljohnsn(a)uiuc.edu

http://courses.ece.uiuc.edu/ece390/archive/archive-f2000/mp/mp3b/lib_intro.html

http://courses.ece.uiuc.edu/ece390/archive/archive-f2000/mp/mp3b/pmodelib.zip

Konstantin Boldyshev's system.inc
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~robert/new/system.inc
(supposed to be on http://asm.sourceforge.net in asmutils
package...somewhere...)

EXP & IMP in NASM by Mark & Candice White
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.os.development/msg/3a8ab251da399b1d

Shell script to generate Linux syscall NASM macro's by Steve Gonedes
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.asm.x86/msg/a422bca0cb7ffffb

Mammon's "Extending NASM" Macro's posted by Al Leitch
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.lang.asm/msg/e85cb47decc03101

Mammon's macros.asm (dead link: http://www.eccentrica.org/Mammon/macros.asm)
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.lang.asm/msg/4ee573ddfd882156

Rod Pemberton

From: Evenbit on
On Nov 26, 9:39 am, "Rod Pemberton" <do_not_h...(a)nohavenot.cmm> wrote:
> NASM PROC and INVOKE macro's in myC32.mac by Peter Johnson,
> pljoh...(a)uiuc.edu
>
> http://courses.ece.uiuc.edu/ece390/archive/archive-f2000/mp/mp3b/lib_...
>
> http://courses.ece.uiuc.edu/ece390/archive/archive-f2000/mp/mp3b/pmod...
>
> Konstantin Boldyshev's system.inchttp://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~robert/new/system.inc
> (supposed to be onhttp://asm.sourceforge.netin asmutils
> package...somewhere...)
>
> EXP & IMP in NASM by Mark & Candice Whitehttp://groups.google.com/group/alt.os.development/msg/3a8ab251da399b1d
>
> Shell script to generate Linux syscall NASM macro's by Steve Gonedeshttp://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.asm.x86/msg/a422bca0cb7ffffb
>
> Mammon's "Extending NASM" Macro's posted by Al Leitchhttp://groups.google.com/group/alt.lang.asm/msg/e85cb47decc03101
>
> Mammon's macros.asm (dead link:http://www.eccentrica.org/Mammon/macros.asm)http://groups.google.com/group/alt.lang.asm/msg/4ee573ddfd882156

Cool! I will look into adding these to the Yahoo groups (if they
aren't already there). Might be time for a community Wiki devoted to
Nasmism. I'm sure the newbies would appreciate it if Frank would just
store his vast Nasmic wisdom into a FAQ or binary. Hmm...
"FrankAnswers.exe" has a nice ring to it. :)

Nathan.
From: Frank Kotler on
Evenbit wrote:
> On Nov 26, 9:39 am, "Rod Pemberton" <do_not_h...(a)nohavenot.cmm> wrote:
>
>>NASM PROC and INVOKE macro's in myC32.mac by Peter Johnson,
>>pljoh...(a)uiuc.edu
>>
>>http://courses.ece.uiuc.edu/ece390/archive/archive-f2000/mp/mp3b/lib_...
>>
>>http://courses.ece.uiuc.edu/ece390/archive/archive-f2000/mp/mp3b/pmod...
>>
>>Konstantin Boldyshev's system.inchttp://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~robert/new/system.inc

Okay, but this is only the "master" .inc - other files are needed.

>> (supposed to be onhttp://asm.sourceforge.netin asmutils
>>package...somewhere...)

Mmmm, yes - hidden away in the inc/ directory... :)

You'll have to download the entire "source":

<http://asm.sourceforge.net/asmutils/asmutils-0.18.tar.gz>

The inc/ directory contains:

elf.inc
elfheader.inc
errno.inc
includes.inc
os_atheos.inc
os_beos.inc
os_bsd.inc
os_freebsd.inc
os_linux.inc
os_netbsd.inc
os_openbsd.inc
os_qnxrtp.inc
os_solaris.inc
os_unixware.inc
os_v2os.inc
syscall.inc
system.inc

This is a pretty complex "system" of macros. There's more to it than
"system.inc".

(OS developers: can you add an .inc file for *your* OS?)

>>EXP & IMP in NASM by Mark & Candice Whitehttp://groups.google.com/group/alt.os.development/msg/3a8ab251da399b1d
>>
>>Shell script to generate Linux syscall NASM macro's by Steve Gonedeshttp://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.asm.x86/msg/a422bca0cb7ffffb
>>
>>Mammon's "Extending NASM" Macro's posted by Al Leitchhttp://groups.google.com/group/alt.lang.asm/msg/e85cb47decc03101
>>
>>Mammon's macros.asm (dead link:http://www.eccentrica.org/Mammon/macros.asm)http://groups.google.com/group/alt.lang.asm/msg/4ee573ddfd882156

Another couple of macro sets for Nasm are available in the
"contributions" section at SourceForge. Joergen Ibsen's extended
structure macros (just noticed that these are copyrighted "all rights
reserved", FWIW), and Nasm64developer's flow-control macros. I've never
used either of these packages, but they're said to be "good".

> Cool! I will look into adding these to the Yahoo groups (if they
> aren't already there). Might be time for a community Wiki devoted to
> Nasmism. I'm sure the newbies would appreciate it if Frank would just
> store his vast Nasmic wisdom into a FAQ or binary. Hmm...
> "FrankAnswers.exe" has a nice ring to it. :)

"Cannot execute binary file" - what's this ".exe" cruft? :)

Seriously, Nasm "communications" (if any) are far too "scattered" as it
is. The *last* thing we need is *another* forum! (IMHO) What we need is
for Nasm users to settle on *one* place to share information about Nasm
(and macros). The independent-minded (sounds better'n "pig headed")
nature of asm-heads makes this unlikely. SourceForge would be an obvious
candidate - pity the interface is so annoying. (and some people have
"political"/"moral" issues with SF)

Should mention the "NASMX" project as another place to find Nasm macros,
equates, etc.

http://www.asmcommunity.net/projects/nasmx/

Gotta add some MacOSX stuff to fully justify the name... :)

Best,
Frank
From: Evenbit on
Frank Kotler wrote:

> > Cool! I will look into adding these to the Yahoo groups (if they
> > aren't already there). Might be time for a community Wiki devoted to
> > Nasmism. I'm sure the newbies would appreciate it if Frank would just
> > store his vast Nasmic wisdom into a FAQ or binary. Hmm...
> > "FrankAnswers.exe" has a nice ring to it. :)
>
> "Cannot execute binary file" - what's this ".exe" cruft? :)
>
> Seriously, Nasm "communications" (if any) are far too "scattered" as it
> is. The *last* thing we need is *another* forum! (IMHO)

Are you sampling your "holiday smoke" kinda early? ;) I wasn't
suggesting a forum. I'm thinking more along the lines of a Wiki or
FAQ... something going beyond the standard Nasm Manual. For instance,
a recent question at win32-nasm list asked how to make calls to the
Visual C standard library... the answers given are perfect examples of
what should be in such a document. Consider this: A) Webster
distributes 2 samples/examples downloads and uncountable PDFs to
accompany HLA. B) The MASM32 package contains everything but the
kitchen sink. The SourceForge distro of Nasm seems naked by
comparison.

> What we need is
> for Nasm users to settle on *one* place to share information about Nasm
> (and macros). The independent-minded (sounds better'n "pig headed")
> nature of asm-heads makes this unlikely.

Asmers have an excellent excuse -- just blame it all on this Phil
feller... he "gets around" to more CPUs than just this x86 sweety...
kind of a "metro-"... and his Mrs. Piggy pink background...

http://fatphil.org/x86/index.html

.... makes everyone feel all oinky! :-)

Nathan.
From: Wolfgang Kern on

Evenbit wrote:

[...]

> Asmers have an excellent excuse -- just blame it all on this Phil
> feller... he "gets around" to more CPUs than just this x86 sweety...
> kind of a "metro-"... and his Mrs. Piggy pink background...
>
> http://fatphil.org/x86/index.html
>
> ... makes everyone feel all oinky! :-)

Now it's obvious, Mrs.Piggy need more than just one wonder-bra :)
but there are some useful things on Phil's page, even a bit dated ...

__
wolfgang

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2