From: Linus Torvalds on
Another week (and a couple of days), another -rc.

I actually hope/think that this is going to be the last -rc. Things
have been pretty quiet, and while this -rc has more commits than -rc5
had, it's not by a large amount, nor does it look scary to me. So
there doesn't seem to be any point in dragging out the release any
more, unless we find something new that calls for it.

And one of the bugs fixed in -rc6 looks like it might be a biggie: the
"enable low power render writes on GEN3 hardware" commit by Dave
Airlie looks like it could be the fix for the long-standing problems
with some intel GM945 lock-ups. So despite being a one-liner, that
migth be a rather noticeable thing for people.

Other than that, it's probably not that big a deal for most people,
but the Shortlog (appended) gives you some taste of what's up. Please
test,

Linus

---
Abhijith Das (1):
GFS2: BUG in gfs2_adjust_quota

Alex Deucher (9):
drm/radeon/kms: fix legacy tv-out pal mode
drm/radeon/kms: fix possible mis-detection of sideport on rs690/rs740
drm/radeon/kms: fix gtt MC base alignment on rs4xx/rs690/rs740 asics
drm/radeon/kms: fix shared ddc harder
drm/radeon/kms: add quirk for ASUS HD 3600 board
drm/r600: fix possible NULL pointer derefernce
drm/radeon/kms: fix legacy LVDS dpms sequence
drm/radeon/kms: fix RADEON_INFO_CRTC_FROM_ID info ioctl
drm/radeon/kms: add quirk to make HP DV5000 laptop resume

Andrei Emeltchenko (1):
Bluetooth: Check L2CAP pending status before sending connect request

Andres Salomon (1):
Andres has moved

Anton Vorontsov (5):
powerpc/cpm: Reintroduce global spi_pram struct (fixes build issue)
powerpc/cpm1: Fix build with various CONFIG_*_UCODE_PATCH combinations
powerpc/cpm1: Mark micropatch code/data static and __init
edac: mpc85xx: fix MPC85xx dependency
edac: mpc85xx: add support for MPC8569 EDAC controllers

Arnaud Ebalard (1):
IPv6: fix CoA check in RH2 input handler (mip6_rthdr_input())

Avi Kivity (1):
KVM: VMX: Fix host MSR_KERNEL_GS_BASE corruption

Axel Lin (2):
ASoC: wm8727: add a missing return in wm8727_platform_probe
ASoC:: remove a redundant snd_soc_unregister_codec call in wm8988_register

Ben Greear (1):
ipmr: Don't leak memory if fib lookup fails.

Ben Hutchings (1):
drm/ttm: Fix build on architectures without AGP

Ben Skeggs (1):
drm/nouveau: fix pcirom vbios shadow breakage from acpi rom patch

Bjorn Helgaas (1):
PCI: fall back to original BIOS BAR addresses

Bob Peterson (4):
GFS2: O_TRUNC not working on stuffed files across cluster
GFS2: recovery stuck on transaction lock
GFS2: Fix kernel NULL pointer dereference by dlm_astd
GFS2: rename causes kernel Oops

Catalin Marinas (2):
kmemleak: Annotate false positive in init_section_page_cgroup()
kmemleak: Add support for NO_BOOTMEM configurations

Changli Gao (2):
act_nat: not all of the ICMP packets need an IP header payload
rfs: call sock_rps_record_flow() in tcp_splice_read()

Chanwoo Choi (1):
ASoC: Select wm_hubs automatically for WM8994

Chris Mason (1):
Btrfs: fix split_leaf double split corner case

Christoph Fritz (1):
Input: qt2160 - rename kconfig symbol name

Dan Carpenter (4):
ceph: add kfree() to error path
ocfs2: tighten up strlen() checking
fb: handle allocation failure in alloc_apertures()
vmwgfx: return -EFAULT if copy_to_user fails

Dan Rosenberg (1):
Btrfs: fix checks in BTRFS_IOC_CLONE_RANGE

Dave Airlie (2):
drm/i915: enable low power render writes on GEN3 hardware.
drm/radeon/kms: drop taking lock around crtc lookup.

Dave Chinner (4):
mm: add context argument to shrinker callback
xfs: convert inode shrinker to per-filesystem contexts
xfs: track AGs with reclaimable inodes in per-ag radix tree
mm: add context argument to shrinker callback to remaining shrinkers

David Howells (1):
CIFS: Fix a malicious redirect problem in the DNS lookup code

David S. Miller (8):
sparc32: Kill none_mask, it's bogus.
sunserial: Don't call add_preferred_console() when console= is specified.
sunsu: Fix use after free in su_remove().
sparc64: Update defconfig.
sparc64: Fix maybe_change_configuration() PCR setting.
dsa: Fix Kconfig dependencies.
MAINTAINERS: Add SBUS driver path to sparc entry.
perf: Add DWARF register lookup for sparc

Dmitry Torokhov (4):
Input: gamecon - reference correct input device in NES mode
Input: gamecon - reference correct pad in gc_psx_command()
Input: twl40300-keypad - fix handling of "all ground" rows
Input: synaptics - relax capability ID checks on newer hardware

Dongdong Deng (1):
sparc64: fix the build error due to smp_kgdb_capture_client()

Doug Goldstein (1):
include/linux/vgaarb.h: add missing part of include guard

Doug Kehn (1):
net/core: neighbour update Oops

Eric Dumazet (1):
net: skb_tx_hash() fix relative to skb_orphan_try()

FUJITA Tomonori (1):
sparc: remove homegrown L1_CACHE_ALIGN macro

Feng Tang (6):
Input: i8042 - mark stubs in i8042.h "static inline"
x86: Add i8042 pre-detection hook to x86_platform_ops
x86, mrst: Add i8042_detect API for Moorestwon platform
Revert "Input: do not force selecting i8042 on Moorestown"
Revert "Input: fixup X86_MRST selects"
input: i8042 - add runtime check in x86's i8042_platform_init

Francisco Jerez (1):
drm/nouveau: Fix crashes during fbcon init on single head cards.

Francois Romieu (1):
r8169: incorrect identifier for a 8168dp

Frederic Weisbecker (2):
perf: Resurrect flat callchains
perf: Sync callchains with period based hits

H. Peter Anvin (1):
x86, platform: Export x86_platform to modules

Herbert Xu (1):
bridge: Partially disable netpoll support

Ilpo J�rvinen (1):
tcp: fix crash in tcp_xmit_retransmit_queue

Jacob Pan (1):
x86, pci, mrst: Add extra sanity check in walking the PCI
extended cap chain

Jan Kara (1):
jbd2/ocfs2: Fix block checksumming when a buffer is used in
several transactions

Jason Wessel (4):
repair gdbstub to match the gdbserial protocol specification
Fix merge regression from external kdb to upstream kdb
debug_core,kdb: fix kgdb_connected bit set in the wrong place
sysrq,kdb: Use __handle_sysrq() for kdb's sysrq function

Jiri Slaby (1):
crypto: skcipher - avoid NULL dereference

Joe Perches (1):
drivers/sbus: Remove unnecessary casts of private_data

Joel Becker (4):
ocfs2: When zero extending, do it by page.
ocfs2: Zero the tail cluster when extending past i_size.
ocfs2: No need to zero pages past i_size.
ocfs2: Silence gcc warning in ocfs2_write_zero_page().

Johan Hedberg (1):
Bluetooth: Reset the security level after an authentication failure

John W. Linville (1):
hostap_pci: set dev->base_addr during probe

Julia Lawall (2):
arch/sparc/kernel: Eliminate what looks like a NULL pointer dereference
fs/ocfs2/dlm: Add missing spin_unlock

Kamal Mostafa (1):
Input: i8042 - add Gigabyte Spring Peak to dmi_noloop_table

Keith Packard (1):
drm/i915: Define MI_ARB_STATE bits

Ken Kawasaki (1):
axnet_cs: use spin_lock_irqsave in ax_interrupt

Kulikov Vasiliy (1):
drm: radeon: check kzalloc() result

Kuninori Morimoto (2):
ASoC: fsi: fixup clock inversion operation
ASoC: fsi: fixup wrong value setting order of TDM

Lee Nipper (1):
crypto: talitos - fix bug in sg_copy_end_to_buffer

Linus Torvalds (3):
drm/i915: add 'reclaimable' to i915 self-reclaimable page allocations
Fix up trivial spelling errors ('taht' -> 'that')
Linux 2.6.35-rc6

Linus Walleij (1):
ARM: 6184/2: ux500: use neutral PRCMU base

Manfred Spraul (1):
ipc/sem.c: bugfix for semop() not reporting successful operation

Marek Szyprowski (1):
sdhci-s3c: add missing remove function

Mark Brown (1):
ASoC: Remove duplicate AUX definition from WM8776

Martin Hicks (1):
kdb: break out of kdb_ll() when command is terminated

Matthew McClintock (1):
powerpc/fsl-booke: Fix address issue when using relocatable kernels

Michael S. Tsirkin (2):
vhost-net: avoid flush under lock
vhost: avoid pr_err on condition guest can trigger

Mikael Pettersson (1):
math-emu: correct test for downshifting fraction in _FP_FROM_INT()

Nick Piggin (1):
mm/vmscan.c: fix mapping use after free

Nicolas Pitre (1):
ARM: 6226/1: fix kprobe bug in ldr instruction emulation

Patrick McHardy (1):
pcmcia: fix 'driver ... did not release config properly' warning

Paul E. McKenney (1):
vfs: fix RCU-lockdep false positive due to /proc

Peter Oberparleiter (1):
[S390] dasd: use correct label location for diag fba disks

Rajkumar Manoharan (1):
ath9k_htc: fix memory leak in ath9k_hif_usb_alloc_urbs

Randy Dunlap (1):
documentation: fix almost duplicate filenames (IO/io-mapping.txt)

Reinette Chatre (1):
iwlwifi: remove key information during device restart

Robert Jennings (1):
ibmveth: lost IRQ while closing/opening device leads to service loss

Roland McGrath (2):
x86: kprobes: fix swapped segment registers in kretprobe
x86: auditsyscall: fix fastpath return value after reschedule

Russell King (2):
ARM: lockdep: fix unannotated irqs-on
ARM: Update mach-types

Ryan Mallon (1):
ds2782_battery: Fix ds2782_get_capacity return value

R�mi Denis-Courmont (1):
Phonet: fix skb leak in pipe endpoint accept()

Sage Weil (8):
ceph: fix message revocation
ceph: fix leak of mon authorizer
ceph: fix printing of ipv6 addrs
ceph: fix parsing of ipv6 addresses
ceph: fix creation of ipv6 sockets
ceph: reuse request message when replaying against recovering mds
ceph: do not include cap/dentry releases in replayed messages
Btrfs: fix CLONE ioctl destination file size expansion to block boundary

Sascha Hauer (1):
ARM: 6210/1: Do not rely on reset defaults of L2X0_AUX_CTRL

Sebastian Ott (1):
[S390] cio: fix potential overflow in chpid descriptor

Sreedhara DS (1):
intel_scu_ipc: Oops/crash fixes

Stefan Haberland (1):
[S390] add missing device put

Stephen Boyd (1):
rt2x00: Fix lockdep warning in rt2x00lib_probe_dev()

Steven Rostedt (1):
tracing: Add alignment to syscall metadata declarations

Takashi Iwai (1):
Input: synaptics - fix wrong dimensions check

Tao Ma (6):
ocfs2: Move orphan scan work to ocfs2_wq.
ocfs2: Limit default local alloc size within bitmap range.
ocfs2: Remove the redundant cpu_to_le64.
ocfs2: make xattr extension work with new local alloc reservation.
ocfs2: Make xattr reflink work with new local alloc reservation.
ocfs2: Don't duplicate pages past i_size during CoW.

Thavidu Ranatunga (2):
perf: Version String fix, using kernel version
perf: Version String fix, for fallback if not from git

Thomas Gleixner (1):
x86: Force HPET readback_cmp for all ATI chipsets

Timo Ter�s (1):
xfrm: do not assume that template resolving always returns xfrms

Tom Herbert (1):
net: fix problem in reading sock TX queue

Tony Luck (1):
Fix ttm_page_alloc.c build breakage

Ville Tervo (1):
Bluetooth: Update sec_level/auth_type for already existing connections

Wan ZongShun (2):
Input: w90p910_ts - fix call to setup_timer()
Input: w90p910_keypad - change platfrom driver name to 'nuc900-kpi'

Wengang Wang (2):
ocfs2/dlm: don't access beyond bitmap size
ocfs2/dlm: Remove BUG_ON from migration in the rare case of a down node

Will Deacon (2):
ARM: 6211/1: atomic ops: fix register constraints for atomic64_add_unless
ARM: 6212/1: atomic ops: add memory constraints to inline asm

Xiao Guangrong (1):
KVM: MMU: flush remote tlbs when overwriting spte with different pfn

Yinghai Lu (4):
lmb: rename to memblock
x86: Fix x2apic preenabled system with kexec
x86, numa: fix boot without RAM on node0 again
x86,nobootmem: make alloc_bootmem_node fall back to other node
when 32bit numa is used
From: Stephen Rothwell on
Hi Linus,

On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 12:26:13 -0700 Linus Torvalds <torvalds(a)linux-foundation.org> wrote:

I actually hope/think that this is going to be the last -rc. Things
> have been pretty quiet, and while this -rc has more commits than -rc5
> had, it's not by a large amount, nor does it look scary to me. So
> there doesn't seem to be any point in dragging out the release any
> more, unless we find something new that calls for it.

I have no idea how important this stuff is, but I still have the
following in linux-next that are (in theory) destined for v2.6.35:

Andrea Shepard (1):
net: Fix corruption of skb csum field in pskb_expand_head() of net/core/skbuff.c

Andrew Bird (1):
USB: New PIDs for Qualcomm gobi 2000 (qcserial)

Andy Gospodarek (1):
ixgbe/igb: catch invalid VF settings

Bob Copeland (1):
USB: usb-storage: fix initializations of urb fields

Borislav Petkov (1):
ide-cd: Do not access completed requests in the irq handler

Christof Schmitt (2):
[SCSI] zfcp: Do not wait for SBALs on stopped queue
[SCSI] zfcp: Update status read mempool

Colin Leitner (1):
USB: ftdi_sio: support for Signalyzer tools based on FTDI chips

Corey Minyard (1):
USB: FTDI: Add support for the RT System VX-7 radio programming cable

David S. Miller (1):
net: Fix skb_copy_expand() handling of ->csum_start

Dennis Jansen (1):
USB: option: Add support for AMOI Skypephone S2

Eric Miao (3):
[ARM] pxa/corgi: fix MMC/SD card detection failure
[ARM] pxa: fix incorrect order of AC97 reset pin configs
[ARM] pxa: fix incorrect CONFIG_CPU_PXA27x to CONFIG_PXA27x

Eric W. Biederman (3):
sysfs: Don't allow the creation of symlinks we can't remove
sysfs: sysfs_delete_link handle symlinks from untagged to tagged directories.
sysfs: allow creating symlinks from untagged to tagged directories

Felipe Balbi (1):
USB: musb: tusb6010: fix compile error with n8x0_defconfig

Herbert Xu (1):
macvtap: Limit packet queue length

John W. Linville (1):
wireless: use netif_rx_ni in ieee80211_send_layer2_update

Marek Vasut (2):
[ARM] pxa: cpufreq-pxa2xx: fix DRI recomputation routine
[ARM] pxa: fix frequency scaling for pcmcia/pxa2xx_base

Michal Marek (1):
kbuild: Fix make rpm

Michał Górny (1):
kbuild: Make the setlocalversion script POSIX-compliant

Oliver Neukum (2):
USB: sisusbvga: Fix for USB 3.0
USB: add quirk for Broadcom BT dongle

Paul Mortier (1):
USB: adds Artisman USB dongle to list of quirky devices

Peter Huewe (1):
serial: fix rs485 for atmel_serial on avr32

Przemo Firszt (1):
USB: Expose vendor-specific ACM channel on Nokia 5230

Russell King (1):
Merge branch 'fix' of git://git.kernel.org/.../ycmiao/pxa-linux-2.6

Sarah Sharp (4):
USB: xHCI: Fix another bug in link TRB activation change.
USB: Fix USB3.0 Port Speed Downgrade after port reset
USB: xhci: Set EP0 dequeue ptr after reset of configured device.
USB: xhci: Set Mult field in endpoint context correctly.

Swen Schillig (1):
[SCSI] zfcp: Fix check whether unchained ct_els is possible

Vladimir Zapolskiy (1):
USB: s3c2410_udc: be aware of connected gadget driver

Vladislav Zolotarov (3):
bnx2x: Protect a SM state change
bnx2x: Protect statistics ramrod and sequence number
bnx2x: Advance a module version

Wayne Boyer (1):
[SCSI] ipr: fix resource path display and formatting

Yann Dirson (1):
via82cxxx: fix typo for VT6415 PCIE PATA IDE Host Controller support.

august huber (1):
USB: Add PID for Sierra 250U to drivers/usb/serial/sierra.c

pieterg (1):
[ARM] pxa/colibri-pxa300: fix AC97 init

wanzongshun (2):
ARM: 6230/1: fix nuc900 touchscreen clk definition bug
ARM: 6233/1: Delete a wrong redundant right parenthesis

Ömer Sezgin Ugurlu (1):
USB: option: add support for 1da5:4518

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell sfr(a)canb.auug.org.au
From: Greg KH on
On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 11:21:42AM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Linus,
>
> On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 12:26:13 -0700 Linus Torvalds <torvalds(a)linux-foundation.org> wrote:
> >
> I actually hope/think that this is going to be the last -rc. Things
> > have been pretty quiet, and while this -rc has more commits than -rc5
> > had, it's not by a large amount, nor does it look scary to me. So
> > there doesn't seem to be any point in dragging out the release any
> > more, unless we find something new that calls for it.
>
> I have no idea how important this stuff is, but I still have the
> following in linux-next that are (in theory) destined for v2.6.35:

<snip>

Yes, there are a few minor USB patches in my tree (minor bugfixes and
new device ids) that I wanted to send to you, but no need to hold up a
..35 release.

We're still working on the network namespace sysfs issues, but if that
option is disabled, all works fine. I have 3 tiny patches to work to
resolve that problem in my tree, I can send them to you tonight if you
want.

But even there, nothing that should hold up .35 from release.

thanks,

greg k-h
From: Rafael J. Wysocki on
On Friday, July 23, 2010, Greg KH wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 11:21:42AM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> > Hi Linus,
> >
> > On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 12:26:13 -0700 Linus Torvalds <torvalds(a)linux-foundation.org> wrote:
> > >
> > I actually hope/think that this is going to be the last -rc. Things
> > > have been pretty quiet, and while this -rc has more commits than -rc5
> > > had, it's not by a large amount, nor does it look scary to me. So
> > > there doesn't seem to be any point in dragging out the release any
> > > more, unless we find something new that calls for it.
> >
> > I have no idea how important this stuff is, but I still have the
> > following in linux-next that are (in theory) destined for v2.6.35:
>
> <snip>
>
> Yes, there are a few minor USB patches in my tree (minor bugfixes and
> new device ids) that I wanted to send to you, but no need to hold up a
> .35 release.
>
> We're still working on the network namespace sysfs issues, but if that
> option is disabled, all works fine. I have 3 tiny patches to work to
> resolve that problem in my tree, I can send them to you tonight if you
> want.
>
> But even there, nothing that should hold up .35 from release.

There are a few things, including regression fixes, in the ACPI land AFAICS.

Rafael

From: Jiri Slaby on
On 07/23/2010 03:21 AM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 12:26:13 -0700 Linus Torvalds <torvalds(a)linux-foundation.org> wrote:
>>
> I actually hope/think that this is going to be the last -rc. Things
>> have been pretty quiet, and while this -rc has more commits than -rc5
>> had, it's not by a large amount, nor does it look scary to me. So
>> there doesn't seem to be any point in dragging out the release any
>> more, unless we find something new that calls for it.
>
> I have no idea how important this stuff is, but I still have the
> following in linux-next that are (in theory) destined for v2.6.35:

Hi, and probably this one as well (introduced in rc1):
http://lkml.org/lkml/2010/7/9/287

Tim Gardner
i915: Use the correct mask to detect i830 aperture size.

--
js