From: Craig on
On 08/01/2010 05:38 PM, Bear Bottoms wrote:
> I consider it stealing.

And yet neither Microsoft nor Google do.

--
-Craig
From: Mark Warner on
Craig wrote:
> On 08/01/2010 05:38 PM, Bear Bottoms wrote:
>> I consider it stealing.
>
> And yet neither Microsoft nor Google do.

What do they know? We're talking Bear Bottoms here, fer cryin' out loud.

--
Mark Warner
MEPIS Linux
From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Craig" <netburgher(a)REMOVEgmail.com>

| On 08/01/2010 05:38 PM, Bear Bottoms wrote:
>> I consider it stealing.

| And yet neither Microsoft nor Google do.

Or the rest of the computer world.

--
Dave

From: Spamblk on
Bear Bottoms <bearbottoms1(a)gmai.com> wrote in

> (I suppose it is because they need the selling
> point-but it didn't work) and the legal ground is very shaky. I consider
> it stealing.

It makes you wonder then why M$, which is quite a litigious company,
doesn't sue the pants of Winehq.org. One reason they don't sue perhaps is
that once an API is published, it is not stealing to write another routine
that replicates that API.

If it were stealing it would be quite impossible to develop new
programming languages. What WINE does, essentially, is provide re-written
API services to Windows(tm) programs.
From: POKO on
In article <Xns9DC7C7C35AD51bearbottoms1gmaicom(a)news.albasani.net>,
bearbottoms1(a)gmai.com says...
> Mike Easter <MikeE(a)ster.invalid> wrote in
>
> > Bear Bottoms wrote:
> > Subject: Linux Wine Steals software
snip
and the legal ground is very shaky. I consider
> it stealing.

And stealing is against the law. What's the old saying about people in
glass houses?
--
POKO
Manitoulin Island