From: FrankTimJr on
Why does a percentage formatted field in my query used for the list box show
up as a decimal rather than a percentage? I have the fields formatted in the
underlying query as "Percentage" with 1 decimal.

E.G. What should be showing up as 9.4% is showing up as 0.0942212345829.

How do I fix this??
Frank
From: Arvin Meyer [MVP] on
Convert them to text:

CStr(Format([MyField] ... etc.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

From: John W. Vinson on
On Thu, 13 May 2010 16:58:01 -0700, FrankTimJr
<FrankTimJr(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Why does a percentage formatted field in my query used for the list box show
>up as a decimal rather than a percentage? I have the fields formatted in the
>underlying query as "Percentage" with 1 decimal.
>
>E.G. What should be showing up as 9.4% is showing up as 0.0942212345829.
>
>How do I fix this??
>Frank

That number is the actual value. 0.094 and 9.4% are just two ways of
displaying the same number! A table or query format property will not carry
over into a listbox (or an export to Word, or lots of other things).

Try putting a calculated field in the Query:

ShowPct: Format([fieldname], "Percent")

and display that calculated field in the listbox. You won't be able to do
calculations with the listbox's value if this is the bound column.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: FrankTimJr on
Worked like a charm!! Can I do the same for "Currency"? I'll give it a shot!

Thanks again.