From: Sunir M S on
Why don u try this. It was in another post. List the distinct strings in one
coloumn on a seperate worksheet . match ur main sheet with all the strings
against this and make it return yes/no depending on the string matches.
Filtering trues will give you only the distinct strings and then do a simple
sort..

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&lang=&cr=&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.excel.newusers&p=1&tid=4972a297-0943-4c3c-b845-dc6c1c4d0c36

--
Sunir M S