From: Levis on
Boris wrote:
> "Alex" <h4cker_rus(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hello!
>> I want to list all physical drives on my machine...
>> anybody knows how to do this?
>>

>> (win32 api, c++)
> WMI: Win32_DiskDrive - just call WMI from C++ - it's just COM API.
>
> Boris

Always avoid WMI and use the method mentioned above.
It is slow and not installed natively on OS like NT.
From: Sebastian G. on
Levis wrote:

> Boris wrote:
>> "Alex" <h4cker_rus(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hello!
>>> I want to list all physical drives on my machine...
>>> anybody knows how to do this?
>>>

>>> (win32 api, c++)
>> WMI: Win32_DiskDrive - just call WMI from C++ - it's just COM API.
>>
>> Boris
>
> Always avoid WMI and use the method mentioned above.
> It is slow and not installed natively on OS like NT.

Microsoft says we shouldn't care about NT4- and Win9x/ME any more, but
rather base everything on the Win32 API as in NT5.
From: Levis on
Sebastian G. wrote:
> Levis wrote:

>> Always avoid WMI and use the method mentioned above.
>> It is slow and not installed natively on OS like NT.
>

> Microsoft says we shouldn't care about NT4- and Win9x/ME any more, but
> rather base everything on the Win32 API as in NT5.

Customers decide, not Microsoft.
Many are running NT4.
From: Sten Westerback (MVP SDK 2005-6 :) on

"Levis" <levis(a)clarck.com> wrote in message
> Sebastian G. wrote:
>> Levis wrote:
>
>>> Always avoid WMI and use the method mentioned above.
>>> It is slow and not installed natively on OS like NT.
>>

>> Microsoft says we shouldn't care about NT4- and Win9x/ME any more, but
>> rather base everything on the Win32 API as in NT5.
>
> Customers decide, not Microsoft.
> Many are running NT4.

... and they are stupid as older OS's won't get any hotfixes.... ;)

- Sten

From: Alex on
Hi
i have a linker when using SetupDi functions
(i work under vs2008) can u help me?
which library contains this functions? :)