From: PRMARJORAM on
I want to present a list of windows code pages to the user, much like in
internet explorer when you select the encoding from the context menu.

Is there an API to return the list of windows code pages?

The alternative is I create my own table, but feel this should not be
necessary.

Thanks.
From: patrick on
PRMARJORAM a écrit :
> I want to present a list of windows code pages to the user, much like in
> internet explorer when you select the encoding from the context menu.
>
> Is there an API to return the list of windows code pages?

For apis, see on win32 api ng (news://comp.os.ms-
windows.programmer.win32)
(from IE asm source..)
From: Giovanni Dicanio on
PRMARJORAM ha scritto:
> I want to present a list of windows code pages to the user, much like in
> internet explorer when you select the encoding from the context menu.
>
> Is there an API to return the list of windows code pages?
>
> The alternative is I create my own table, but feel this should not be
> necessary.

A list of code pages available on Windows for MultiByteToWideChar can be
found here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd317756(VS.85).aspx

But I'm not aware of any Win32 API to enumerate the items in this list
(and I agree with you that such an API should exist).

Giovanni
From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
Download my Locale Explorer. Go to the EnumSystemCodePages tab. Copy the code from the
code window (there is a copy-entire-code-window button on the right) and paste it into
your app.
joe

On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 02:56:05 -0700, PRMARJORAM <PRMARJORAM(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I want to present a list of windows code pages to the user, much like in
>internet explorer when you select the encoding from the context menu.
>
>Is there an API to return the list of windows code pages?
>
>The alternative is I create my own table, but feel this should not be
>necessary.
>
>Thanks.
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer(a)flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
On my Vista machine, EnumCodePages creates a subset of the list you cite. Missing or with
errors are
709 Arabic
710 Transparent Arabic
1147 IBM EBCDIC Latin-1 [gives error using GetCPInfoEx]
1200 (managed code only)
1201 (managed code only)
12000 (managed code only)
12001 (managed code only)
20949 Korean Wansung [gives error using GetCPInfoEx]
21866 Ukranian (KO18-U)
50930 EBCDIC Japanese Extended
50931 EBCDIC US-Canada and Japanese
50933 EBCDIC Korean Extended and Korean
50935 EBCDIC Simplified Chinese Extended and Simplfied Chinese
50936 EBCDIC Simpified Chinese
50937 EBCDIC US-Canada and Traditional Chinese
50939 EBCDIC Japanese
51932 EUC Japanese
51936 EUC Simpilfied Chinese
51950 EUC Traditional Chinese

This is probably due to the fact that I have not installed all the language packs on that
machine.
joe