From: Gernot Frisch on
Hi,

I have a list box in which I have some data. I want to be able to drag a line from that list box into a windows explorer window
and create a file from the data there.
How can I do that? (MFC here)

Thank you.
--
------------------------------------
Gernot Frisch

From: r_z_aret on
On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 18:01:24 +0200, "Gernot Frisch" <me(a)privacy.net>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have a list box in which I have some data. I want to be able to drag a line from that list box into a windows explorer window
>and create a file from the data there.
>How can I do that? (MFC here)

I think the relevant Win32 functions are GetClipboardData and its
relatives. I don't use MFC, but think
COleClientItem::CopyToClipboard(BOOL bIncludeLink) is relevant.

>Thank you.

Robert E. Zaret, MVP
PenFact, Inc.
20 Park Plaza, Suite 400
Boston, MA 02116
www.penfact.com
Useful reading (be sure to read its disclaimer first):
From: Preben Friis on
"Gernot Frisch" <me(a)privacy.net> wrote in message

> I have a list box in which I have some data. I want to be able to drag a
> line from that list box into a windows explorer window and create a file
> from the data there.
> How can I do that? (MFC here)

Something like this?
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/shell/Explorer_Drag_Drop.aspx