From: Bee on
First, you really do not have to apologize for not knowing stuff.
People like to beat me up all the time because I did not google, so they
think.
I probably will have to write a header to explain that I did google but
found nothing or confusing results as I always do except in rare cases when I
pick a search term out of the air that actually works.

Second, if you had googled you would have found that there are examples of
using VB6 to edit the MP3 file tags. I have that built into one of my
applications.

Seriously though, I know that googleing works only if you know what to
google for.
In this case "MPS tags"
Who would have guessed tags?

So, for quicker results, I would suggest you go to planet source code and
search.

http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/default.asp

You will find many examples of editing mp3 files.
Note that there are many mp3 versions so make sure you find examples that
cover them.

Use the Search bubble near the top of the page.
This gives you advanced search.
then, scroll down and make sure you check of for "newest" that way you will
probably find something recent that covers more of the mp3 versions.

search for
mp3
MP3 TAG

this is one of many examples there.
http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=72817&lngWId=1

From: Mayayana on
| People like to beat me up all the time because I did not google, so they
| think. I probably will have to write a header to explain that I did
google...

That reminds me of a joke from a stand-up comedian
who decided to send out Christmas cards in this era
of political correctness that just say "Season's Greetings"
on the front. And inside it says, "I hope I didn't offend you."

:)

Without numerous questions from people like you there
wouldn't be much happening here. I often learn something
myself from those questions; often something I didn't know
that I didn't know. (Like the history of End, for instance.)

From: Nobody on
"Bee" <Bee(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Use the Search bubble near the top of the page.
> This gives you advanced search.
> then, scroll down and make sure you check of for "newest" that way you
> will
> probably find something recent that covers more of the mp3 versions.

And block planet-source-code.com cookie because after clicking on 10 search
results they ask you to register, unless you have their cookie blocked.

From: Larry Serflaten on

"Nobody" <nobody(a)nobody.com> wrote

> And block planet-source-code.com cookie because after clicking on 10 search
> results they ask you to register, unless you have their cookie blocked.

They also want you to register when you submit code examples.

(hint hint)

:-)
LFS

From: Tom Shelton on
On 2010-04-06, LondonLad <LondonLad(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi Clive
> Thanks for the post what I wanted to do was write something in VB to do the
> job in the hope it would work quicker.
> i started with a listbox but I could only edit the name so I am trying to
> start again
>
> Ron
>
> "Clive Lumb" wrote:
>

>> "LondonLad" <LondonLad(a)discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de
>> groupe de discussion : 809551C6-6DFB-4694-9596-3ACFCD2F7F7E(a)microsoft.com...
>> > Hi
>> > I like to try and get help on this again I know the problem my lack of
>> > computer experience means that I only explain in the terms I understand
>> > which
>> > is often not the correct terminology which is no help to you experts to
>> > try
>> > and give some help.
>> > So I am going to explain what I am doing step by step and only move on
>> > when
>> > you understand me.
>> > I have a folder called MyMusic this contains about 700 folders for each
>> > artist.
>> > the artist folder has a list of songs
>> > I open C:\ Drive use Views to display by details
>> > If I click the name tool bar I can select the columns to display like
>> > Artist/Type/Date Modified etc.
>> > When I view this information some of the columns have incorrect info or
>> > info I do not want.
>> > What is the best way to edit these entries?
>> >
>> > Thank you
>> > Sorry long message to say just a little.
>> >
>> > Ron
>>
>> This doesn't sound like a VB problem to me....
>> However I can highly recommend MP3Tag which can batch edit the information
>> in audio files for you.
>> It also allows you to rename the file based on the information, or vice
>> versa.
>>

>> .

Another option is taglib. It supports tons of formats. Since your using VB6,
you'll need to get the windows dll and write the declares (unless you can find
someone who already has?). Just make sure you don't accidently get the
taglib-sharp. It's a .NET port - you could make use of it via com interop,
but you would then also be dependant on the .NET runtime.

--
Tom Shelton
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last