From: r_z_aret on
On Wed, 03 Feb 2010 21:59:46 -0700, Todd Allcock
<elecconnec(a)AnoOspamL.com> wrote:

>As Manuel said, you need the Streamcenter website to find the mobile
>friendly links.
>
>The new URL for them is http://tuned.mobi,

Very nice. Thank you.

and it has an Australian
>stations link sorted by state. Both stations you want are there:
>http://www.radiofeeds.net/pda/aro/vic.asp
>
>As Robert said, the various browser plug-ins many stations use are the
>problem. Tuned.mobi aggregates the mobile-friendly URLs at one
>convenient site.
>

>At 03 Feb 2010 14:34:31 +1100 Marts wrote:
>> I tried to listen to the following radio station via this link:
>>

>http://www.3aw.com.au/displayPopUpPlayerAction.action?url=http://streaming
>.mytalk.com.au/3aw
>>
>> Main website is www.3aw.com.au
>>
>> I cannot get it to work on the PDA. Aside from the fact that the unit
>is so slow
>> when opening web pages and then trying to navigate around them to find
>the
>> appropriate links to click or tap on, it just doesn't want to work.
>>
>> I then tried it with this radio station:
>>
>> http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/player
>>
>> Same thing happened.
>>
>> Is there a trick to getting a Windows Mobile PDA (or even a smart phone)
> to pick
>> up internet audio streaming via a wifi connection?
>>
>> These stations are 2 hrs from where I live. Local radio is rubbish, so
>it's good
>> to be able to listen to these when I can. Particularly if I'm out in the
>> workshop doing something. I'd just plug the PDA or MP3 player into the
>aux in of
>> my shed's portable stereo.

Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
PenFact, Inc.
20 Park Plaza, Suite 400
Boston, MA 02116
www.penfact.com
From: Vincent Collura on
Hi:

I have a radio tuner/syncer for Australian radio on my site:
http://www.cebeans.com/radioaustriaerp.htm

Enjoy!

Vincent Collura
(Inventor/Engineer)

http://www.CeBeans.com
Did you get your beans Today?

<r_z_aret(a)pen_fact.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 03 Feb 2010 21:59:46 -0700, Todd Allcock
> <elecconnec(a)AnoOspamL.com> wrote:
>
> >As Manuel said, you need the Streamcenter website to find the mobile
> >friendly links.
> >
> >The new URL for them is http://tuned.mobi,
>
> Very nice. Thank you.
>
> and it has an Australian
> >stations link sorted by state. Both stations you want are there:
> >http://www.radiofeeds.net/pda/aro/vic.asp
> >
> >As Robert said, the various browser plug-ins many stations use are the
> >problem. Tuned.mobi aggregates the mobile-friendly URLs at one
> >convenient site.
> >

> >At 03 Feb 2010 14:34:31 +1100 Marts wrote:
> >> I tried to listen to the following radio station via this link:
> >>

>http://www.3aw.com.au/displayPopUpPlayerAction.action?url=http://streaming
> >.mytalk.com.au/3aw
> >>
> >> Main website is www.3aw.com.au
> >>
> >> I cannot get it to work on the PDA. Aside from the fact that the unit
> >is so slow
> >> when opening web pages and then trying to navigate around them to find
> >the
> >> appropriate links to click or tap on, it just doesn't want to work.
> >>
> >> I then tried it with this radio station:
> >>
> >> http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/player
> >>
> >> Same thing happened.
> >>
> >> Is there a trick to getting a Windows Mobile PDA (or even a smart
phone)
> > to pick
> >> up internet audio streaming via a wifi connection?
> >>
> >> These stations are 2 hrs from where I live. Local radio is rubbish, so
> >it's good
> >> to be able to listen to these when I can. Particularly if I'm out in
the
> >> workshop doing something. I'd just plug the PDA or MP3 player into the
> >aux in of
> >> my shed's portable stereo.

> To reply to me, remove the underscores (_) from my email address (and
please indicate which newsgroup and message).

From: Marts on
Todd Allcock wrote...

> The new URL for them is http://tuned.mobi, and it has an Australian
> stations link sorted by state. Both stations you want are there:
> http://www.radiofeeds.net/pda/aro/vic.asp

I tried the second link. 3AW works great. I haven't tried the other ones that
I'm interested in just yet.

Thanks again for that link and thanks for the suggestions, folks.
From: r_z_aret on
On Wed, 03 Feb 2010 16:55:05 -0500, r_z_aret(a)pen_fact.com wrote:

>I have _not_ been able to listen using wireless on any of the three
>devices I've tried. No error message. Sometimes nothing happens.
>Sometimes the player hangs.

The main problem was the router; it did not behave the way I expected
and wanted (odd requirement so I'll skip details). The secondary
problem was user error: not checking the router. I'm listening via
wireless right now!

Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
PenFact, Inc.
20 Park Plaza, Suite 400
Boston, MA 02116
www.penfact.com
From: Marts on
Todd Allcock wrote...

> The new URL for them is http://tuned.mobi, and it has an Australian
> stations link sorted by state. Both stations you want are there:
> http://www.radiofeeds.net/pda/aro/vic.asp

Last night I plugged in the URL for Triple M. Picked it up no probs.

It was great, sitting outside by the pool, having an ale or two with friends and
listening to some decent music for a change (we could play CDs, I s'pose, but
live radio has a bit more spontenaety to it).

While the quality isn't the same as listening to it direct, it was still
"listenable" (if that's a word).

> As Robert said, the various browser plug-ins many stations use are the
> problem. Tuned.mobi aggregates the mobile-friendly URLs at one
> convenient site.

Yes, extremely so.

Thanks again for the help.