From: Wolfgang Zeikat on
The relay_domains documentation says:
Specify a list of host or domain names, "/file/name" patterns ...

Would "/file/name" contain one domain per line?

And would changes require "postfix reload"?

Best regards,

wolfgang

From: Wietse Venema on
Wolfgang Zeikat:
> The relay_domains documentation says:
> Specify a list of host or domain names, "/file/name" patterns ...
>
> Would "/file/name" contain one domain per line?

Zero or more patterns per line, with patterns separated by one or
more space, tab, carriage return or newline characters, and allowing
for leading and trailing separators.

> And would changes require "postfix reload"?

Yes. Like pcre, regexp and cidr, the file is read into memory.

Wietse

From: Victor Duchovni on
On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 08:05:38PM +0100, Wolfgang Zeikat wrote:

> The relay_domains documentation says:
> Specify a list of host or domain names, "/file/name" patterns ...
>
> Would "/file/name" contain one domain per line?
>
> And would changes require "postfix reload"?

Yes, and yes. If you use an indexed table (cdb, hash, btree, ...) instead,
the reload is not required, the trivial-rewrite service in reasonably
recent Postfix releases will detect the change within ~10 seconds.

--
Viktor.

From: Wolfgang Zeikat on
Thanks for the replies, Wietse and Victor.

Victor Duchovni wrote:

>> Would "/file/name" contain one domain per line?
>>
>> And would changes require "postfix reload"?
>
> Yes, and yes. If you use an indexed table (cdb, hash, btree, ...) instead,
> the reload is not required, the trivial-rewrite service in reasonably
> recent Postfix releases will detect the change within ~10 seconds.

So far, I have only used indexed tables with entry pairs like

something something_else

I understand that I could simply "postmap" a file with one domain per
line, correct?

Regards,

wolfgang

From: Victor Duchovni on
On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 10:09:06PM +0100, Wolfgang Zeikat wrote:

> Thanks for the replies, Wietse and Victor.
>
> Victor Duchovni wrote:
>
>>> Would "/file/name" contain one domain per line?
>>>
>>> And would changes require "postfix reload"?
>> Yes, and yes. If you use an indexed table (cdb, hash, btree, ...) instead,
>> the reload is not required, the trivial-rewrite service in reasonably
>> recent Postfix releases will detect the change within ~10 seconds.
>
> So far, I have only used indexed tables with entry pairs like
>
> something something_else
>
> I understand that I could simply "postmap" a file with one domain per line,
> correct?

Not quite, you need a "dummy" value for each lookup key:

example.com is a relay domain
example.org is a relay domain

the lookup value is ignored, but must be present.

--
Viktor.