From: AliR on
I've been searching up and down for this and haven't found any info yet.

I have some RTF text that is in a CRichEditCtrl. I want to stick it in
MSWord so I can use CRange::put_Case on it.

But I can't figure out how to get the text in word! Or more specifically how
to create a new document, and I'm guess I will have to paste it in.

AliR.

From: AliR on
Nevermind, got it taken care of.

AliR.

From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
Word would be a Really Bad Idea. Use WordPad, which will not add gratuitous noise to the
output file.
joe

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 14:47:12 -0600, "AliR" <AliR(a)online.nospam> wrote:

>I've been searching up and down for this and haven't found any info yet.
>
>I have some RTF text that is in a CRichEditCtrl. I want to stick it in
>MSWord so I can use CRange::put_Case on it.
>
>But I can't figure out how to get the text in word! Or more specifically how
>to create a new document, and I'm guess I will have to paste it in.
>
>AliR.

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer(a)flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
From: Goran Pusic on
On Dec 18, 5:01 am, Joseph M. Newcomer <newco...(a)flounder.com> wrote:
> Word would be a Really Bad Idea.  Use WordPad, which will not add gratuitous noise to the
> output file.

Well, it depends on what is more important: that there's noise
(+WordPad, -Winword), or that you can automate text editing (+Winword,
-WordPad).

Goran.
From: AliR on
Hi Joe,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I did abandon word because of the noise (It almost doubled the size of my
1-2 line RTF texts). It also added an extra line at the end of the text
which I can't live with.

WordPad doesn't have "case change". And I didn't know wordpad had a COM
interface.

What I'm trying to do is change a bunch of all upper case text into lower
case. Now I have to either look for a utility or see if I can do it myself
without losing the RTF formating.

AliR.