From: Terry on
A previous individual set local security policies so even the administrator
is locked down with no icons for programs, cannot get to the internet and
most importantly cannot use Windows Explorer or “run”.

Is there a way to reset all the local policies to the original default?
From: John Wunderlich on
=?Utf-8?B?VGVycnk=?= <Terry(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> A previous individual set local security policies so even the
> administrator is locked down with no icons for programs, cannot
> get to the internet and most importantly cannot use Windows
> Explorer or “run”.
>
> Is there a way to reset all the local policies to the original
> default?

"How do I restore security settings to the default settings?"
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313222>

HTH,
John
From: Terry on
Even though the log in is administrator auto updates run or have not been
installed unfortunately the system does not have sp3.

Will this fix work without SP3?

From: John Wunderlich on

> "John Wunderlich" wrote:
>
>> =?Utf-8?B?VGVycnk=?= <Terry(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>>
>>> A previous individual set local security policies so even the
>>> administrator is locked down with no icons for programs, cannot
>>> get to the internet and most importantly cannot use Windows
>>> Explorer or “run”.
>>>
>>> Is there a way to reset all the local policies to the original
>>> default?
>>>

>> "How do I restore security settings to the default settings?"
>> <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313222>
>>
>> HTH,
>> John
>> .
>>

> Even though the log in is administrator auto updates run or have
> not been installed unfortunately the system does not have sp3.
>
> Will this fix work without SP3?

Nothing in this article refers to SP3 specifically. The "Applies to"
section at the end simply says "XP" and "XP Home", implying _any_
Service Pack level. The reference to SP3 at top of page is
automatically placed on every XP page by Microsoft and has no bearing
on the article itself.

-- John
From: Terry on
Ok Good