From: Marts on
Dropped into a local Computer shop to enquire about a laptop HDD for a laptop at
home. They quoted me $135 for a 320gb SATA drive.

A local branch of Infinity Computer quoted me $10 less.

In Harvey Normal they have on special 320 gig WD Elements portable HDD units for
$89. Meanwhile, one of the majors, Computers and Parts Land has various laptop
HDDs from $50 to $90.

www.cpl.net.au

http://www.cpl.net.au/greenguide/20100506-1.pdf

This mob is a regular advertiser in the Green Guide, a TV/Technology supplement
of the Age newspaper.

And these local computer mobs whinge about people going to Melbourne to buy
stuff. Not surprising when they're more than double of what you can get in
Melbourne.

Anyway, to save a trip I bought one of HN's portable drives, gutted it and
installed the HDD into the laptop.

From: Rob on
On 11/05/2010 7:35 PM, Marts wrote:
> Dropped into a local Computer shop to enquire about a laptop HDD for a laptop at
> home. They quoted me $135 for a 320gb SATA drive.
>
> A local branch of Infinity Computer quoted me $10 less.
>
> In Harvey Normal they have on special 320 gig WD Elements portable HDD units for
> $89. Meanwhile, one of the majors, Computers and Parts Land has various laptop
> HDDs from $50 to $90.
>
> www.cpl.net.au
>
> http://www.cpl.net.au/greenguide/20100506-1.pdf
>
> This mob is a regular advertiser in the Green Guide, a TV/Technology supplement
> of the Age newspaper.
>
> And these local computer mobs whinge about people going to Melbourne to buy
> stuff. Not surprising when they're more than double of what you can get in
> Melbourne.
>
> Anyway, to save a trip I bought one of HN's portable drives, gutted it and
> installed the HDD into the laptop.

Its not uncommon to have external USB 500Gb for $99 around the traps.

Pages: 1
Prev: Outline dragging
Next: Outline dragging again