From: "Isak Badenhorst" on
I hope I am at the correct list for my question. I am brand new to postfix
moving from sendmail and have the following problem.

My domain mydomain.co.za is hosted by my ISP.

I have a internal mailserver in the office newly installed with postfix,
dovecot and mysql and setup my mydomain.co.za as a virtual domain. All mail
going out from inside the office get locally delivered to the internal
machine and mail get fetched from the ISP. Now I have one user never
getting to the office which mail I would like to deliver to the ISP and not
locally. So all addresses(a)mydomain.co.za must be delivered local except
mobile(a)mydomain.co.za must get delivered through my relayhost to the ISP.
Can anybody point me in a direction how to this? I have moved from sendmail
because I was let to believe that I could easily do this in postfix.

Thanks

Isak Badenhorst

From: Noel Jones on
On 3/19/2010 2:59 PM, Isak Badenhorst wrote:
> I hope I am at the correct list for my question. I am brand new to postfix
> moving from sendmail and have the following problem.
>
> My domain mydomain.co.za is hosted by my ISP.
>
> I have a internal mailserver in the office newly installed with postfix,
> dovecot and mysql and setup my mydomain.co.za as a virtual domain. All mail
> going out from inside the office get locally delivered to the internal
> machine and mail get fetched from the ISP. Now I have one user never
> getting to the office which mail I would like to deliver to the ISP and not
> locally. So all addresses(a)mydomain.co.za must be delivered local except
> mobile(a)mydomain.co.za must get delivered through my relayhost to the ISP.
> Can anybody point me in a direction how to this? I have moved from sendmail
> because I was let to believe that I could easily do this in postfix.
>
> Thanks
>
> Isak Badenhorst

I think this is what you're looking for:
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#transport_maps
http://www.postfix.org/transport.5.html

From: silkograph on
On Mar 20, 1:43 am, njo...(a)megan.vbhcs.org (Noel Jones) wrote:
> On 3/19/2010 2:59 PM, Isak Badenhorst wrote:
>

> > I hope I am at the correct list for my question.  I am brand new to postfix
> > moving from sendmail and have the following problem.
>
> > My domain mydomain.co.za is hosted by my ISP.
>
> > I have a internal mailserver in the office newly installed with postfix,
> > dovecot and mysql and setup my mydomain.co.za as a virtual domain.  All mail
> > going out from inside the office get locally delivered to the internal
> > machine and mail get fetched from the ISP.  Now I have one user never
> > getting to the office which mail I would like to deliver to the ISP and not
> > locally.  So all addres...(a)mydomain.co.za must be delivered local except
> > mob...(a)mydomain.co.za must get delivered through my relayhost to the ISP.
> > Can anybody point me in a direction how to this?  I have moved from sendmail
> > because I was let to believe that I could easily do this in postfix.
>
> > Thanks
>
> > Isak Badenhorst
>
> I think this is what you're looking for:http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5..html#transport_mapshttp://www.postfix.org/transport.5.html

Hello Isak,
We have same set-up in our office, exact scenario.
I have same problem for sendmail. I am searching for the solution for
last few months but I have not found anything yet.
I have used gmail account for such users but I am not convinced with
this idea.
Please let me know if anybody know how to configure sendmail for such
users.
Thanks
Sachin