From: postfix users on
Hi,

I am migrating the Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2010, but before we switch over
to new server, I want make a copy of email to new server for testing.

Existing Config:

Postfix -> Amavisd -> Exchange 2000

Here what I want :

Postfix ---> Amavisd -> Exchange 2000
---> Exchange 2010

Is it possible?

Or it is better forward all email before Postfix?

email -- some program? --> Postfix ---> Amavisd -> Exchange 2000
--> Exchange 2010

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Paul Margaillan
From: Stan Hoeppner on
postfix users put forth on 3/19/2010 8:34 PM:
> Hi,
>
> I am migrating the Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2010, but before we switch over
> to new server, I want make a copy of email to new server for testing.
>

> Existing Config:
>
> Postfix -> Amavisd -> Exchange 2000
>
> Here what I want :
>
> Postfix ---> Amavisd -> Exchange 2000
> ---> Exchange 2010
>
> Is it possible?
>
> Or it is better forward all email before Postfix?
>
> email -- some program? --> Postfix ---> Amavisd -> Exchange 2000
> --> Exchange 2010

What does Microsoft recommend? Your migration has nothing to do with
Postfix but everything to do with Exchange.

--
Stan

From: Noel Jones on
On 3/19/2010 8:34 PM, postfix users wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am migrating the Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2010, but before we switch
> over to new server, I want make a copy of email to new server for testing.
>

> Existing Config:
>
> Postfix -> Amavisd -> Exchange 2000
>
> Here what I want :
>
> Postfix ---> Amavisd -> Exchange 2000
> ---> Exchange 2010
>
> Is it possible?
>
> Or it is better forward all email before Postfix?
>
> email -- some program? --> Postfix ---> Amavisd -> Exchange 2000
> --> Exchange 2010
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> Regards,
> Paul Margaillan

(copy of an answer from a few days ago)

To deliver to two destinations, you need two recipients.

You can use a regexp recipient_bcc_maps to add another
recipient, then use smtp_generic_maps to rewrite it back to
the original during delivery. Use a transport_maps entry to
direct the bcc'ed mail to the proper server.

# main.cf
recipient_bcc_maps = regexp:/etc/postfix/recipient_bcc
smtp_generic_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/smtp_generic

# recipient_bcc
if /@example\.com/
/^.*@example\.com$/ $1(a)new.example.com
endif

# smtp_generic
@new.example.com @example.com

# transport
new.example.com smtp:new.server.example.com

Be sure to postmap the hash: tables after making changes to them.

-- Noel Jones

From: postfix users on
Dear Noel,

Thanks for your reply.

Does it mean on my new Exchange 2010 server, I need to add
"@new.example.com" email address for each recipient?

For example, If I send email to paul(a)example.com.

After postfix process, it rewrite the email address
paul(a)new.example.com and delivery to our new Exchange server.

It is possible to do it with rewrite the recipient email address?

Regards,
Paul

From: Noel Jones on
On 3/22/2010 8:03 AM, postfix users wrote:
> Dear Noel,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> Does it mean on my new Exchange 2010 server, I need to add
> "@new.example.com" email address for each recipient?
>
> For example, If I send email to paul(a)example.com.

The smtp_generic_maps included in the example config rewrites
@new.example.com back to @example.com during delivery.

-- Noel Jones