From: Sahil Tandon on
On Fri, 04 Jun 2010, Paul McGougan wrote:

> Is there some way that they could modify smtpd_sender_restrictions, so
> that they can still use this, but that local deliveries are accepted
> before this check is imposed?

A better solution is for you to configure your MUA to AUTH with
mail.limedomains.net.

--
Sahil Tandon <sahil(a)FreeBSD.org>

From: Paul McGougan on
On 4/06/2010 12:37 PM, Sahil Tandon wrote:

> A better solution is for you to configure your MUA to AUTH with
> mail.limedomains.net.

Hi Sahil.

I did originally use their SMTP servers for sending, however they have
now been blacklisted by so many people because there are so many
spammers using their hosting, that I changed away from using them as my
SMTP about a year ago. The same goes for all of my family whose email
accounts are the only things hosted on that domain.

So that's not really a possibility unfortunately.

Regards,

Paul McGougan
Senior Software Engineer
Braintree Communications Pty Ltd
--
This information together with any attachments is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only and may contain confidential and/or
privileged information and is subject to copyright. If you have received this email in error please inform the sender as quickly as possible and

From: Sahil Tandon on
On Fri, 04 Jun 2010, Paul McGougan wrote:

> On 4/06/2010 12:37 PM, Sahil Tandon wrote:
> >
> > A better solution is for you to configure your MUA to AUTH with
> > mail.limedomains.net.
>
> I did originally use their SMTP servers for sending, however they have
> now been blacklisted by so many people because there are so many
> spammers using their hosting, that I changed away from using them as my
> SMTP about a year ago. The same goes for all of my family whose email
> accounts are the only things hosted on that domain.
>
> So that's not really a possibility unfortunately.

That's unfortunate. Now that we have established the issue, it seems to
me this is no longer the appropriate forum to continue this thread.
Perhaps you can convince the host to exempt you from the mismatch
check(s). Good luck.

--
Sahil Tandon <sahil(a)FreeBSD.org>

From: Stan Hoeppner on
Paul McGougan put forth on 6/3/2010 9:42 PM:

> So that's not really a possibility unfortunately.

What is possible is walking to a new provider.

--
Stan

On 4/06/2010 12:37 PM, Sahil Tandon wrote:

> A better solution is for you to configure your MUA to AUTH with
> mail.limedomains.net.

Hi Sahil.

I did originally use their SMTP servers for sending, however they have
now been blacklisted by so many people because there are so many
spammers using their hosting, that I changed away from using them as my
SMTP about a year ago. The same goes for all of my family whose email
accounts are the only things hosted on that domain.

So that's not really a possibility unfortunately.

If your ISP is spam friendly, then your connectivity will suffer. Go to another ISP.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: building a map from stdin
Next: DIsable connects to ldap