From: captain_claw on
On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 12:25 PM, Terry Gilsenan <terry.gilsenan(a)interoil.com

Switching to a new ISP is not a bad idea. beside hosting solutions now a
days is cheap (it also depends on how many users do you have).

Cheers
From: Paul McGougan on
On 4/06/2010 1:08 PM, Sahil Tandon wrote:

> That's unfortunate. Now that we have established the issue, it seems to
> me this is no longer the appropriate forum to continue this thread.
> Perhaps you can convince the host to exempt you from the mismatch
> check(s). Good luck.

I understand that moving to a new provider is a good long-term solution,
but in the short-term, I'd like to be just able to tell them how to
reconfigure their setup so that this doesn't happen.

Surely there is a way to tell postfix to allow local deliveries
regardless of who the sender is, and whether or not they are logged in?
I would think this would be what people would normally want...?

Paul McGougan
Senior Software Engineer
Braintree Communications Pty Ltd
--
This information together with any attachments is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only and may contain confidential and/or
privileged information and is subject to copyright. If you have received this email in error please inform the sender as quickly as possible and

From: Sahil Tandon on
On Fri, 04 Jun 2010, Paul McGougan wrote:

> On 4/06/2010 1:08 PM, Sahil Tandon wrote:
> >
> > That's unfortunate. Now that we have established the issue, it seems to
> > me this is no longer the appropriate forum to continue this thread.
> > Perhaps you can convince the host to exempt you from the mismatch
> > check(s). Good luck.
> >
> I understand that moving to a new provider is a good long-term solution,
> but in the short-term, I'd like to be just able to tell them how to
> reconfigure their setup so that this doesn't happen.
>
> Surely there is a way to tell postfix to allow local deliveries
> regardless of who the sender is, and whether or not they are logged in?
> I would think this would be what people would normally want...?

They are trying to prevent spammers from spoofing customer MAIL FROM:
addresses while delivering mail to other clients. This is a good thing.
If you want to circumvent this check, either authenticate or -- if you
cannot, for the reasons you previously cited -- ask them to exempt you
from those particular checks. This really is no longer a Postfix issue,
but rather a matter of policy between you and your provider.

--
Sahil Tandon <sahil(a)FreeBSD.org>