From: Jeff on
I have used the LockWindowUpdate API call to prevent screen updating while my
code is manipulating a presentation. This works great for PowerPoint 2003,
but doesn't seem to work for PowerPoint 2007. Is there any solution?

In PowerPoint 2007 the screen flashes all over the place while the
presentaion is being modified and it look really bad.
From: Shyam Pillai on
Are you locking the correct window based on the version? Take a look here:
http://skp.mvps.org/ppt00033.htm

Regards,
Shyam Pillai

Handout Wizard
http://skp.mvps.org/how

From: Jeff on
Thank you for the response. Yes. I am getting the HWND using FindWindow and
searching for "PP12FrameClass". This works for Office 10 & Office 11, but
not Office 12.

From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <3DEE89A5-199F-46F3-A020-708E733FE742(a)microsoft.com>, Jeff wrote:
> I have used the LockWindowUpdate API call to prevent screen updating while my
> code is manipulating a presentation. This works great for PowerPoint 2003,
> but doesn't seem to work for PowerPoint 2007. Is there any solution?
>
> In PowerPoint 2007 the screen flashes all over the place while the
> presentaion is being modified and it look really bad.

Shyam's suggested one approach. Another is to write the code in a way that
doesn't force screen refreshes. As a first step, eliminate any code that
selects shapes. It's not 100% possible to do this, but quite often you can get
away with it.

PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

From: Jeff on
Thanks for your help, Steve. Unfortuantely, I need to update data in
embedded Excel objects and charts and that requires activating the shapes.
Previous Office versions look really good with LockWindowUpdate. PowerPoint
2007 shows all of the updates.