From: Steve on
Due to my own stupidity I lost my keys whilst popping out for some milk and
was locked out of my place without my phone a couple of evenings back. My
partner who had a spare set, was on a nightshift, but I didn't know her
location as she works at different sites, and as is the case with many
people, I didn't remember her number - it being stored on the phone that I
didn't have, so I couldn't call her on a payphone.

Had a brainwave, bought an O2 PAYG SIM card and in the packaging was their
customer services number. After spending a fortune on the premium rate
number, I got through, identified myself through their security questions,
explained my situation and that I needed the last dialled number from my
account, which ended in 549.

"I'm sorry, but we can't give out any information about the account over the
phone - if you want to get this information, you need to write in, pay a fee
and we'll send the number out to you in the post."

Just what you want when you're locked out, to have someone post you the
means to get in. Needless to say I was locked out for the night and had to
find a B&B.

Is this standard policy at O2? It sounds completely ridiculous. Or did I
just get some idiot? I asked to speak to a supervisor, but I just went back
on hold until the money ran out, in all I spent the best part of �10, less
the price of a litre of milk and O2 SIM on that call as it was all I had on
me. Fortunately the B&B owner was more trusting that I'd be able to pay him
later.

From: Steve Terry on
"Steve" <Steve(a)nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Due to my own stupidity I lost my keys whilst popping out for some milk
> and was locked out of my place without my phone a couple of evenings back.
> My partner who had a spare set, was on a nightshift, but I didn't know her
> location as she works at different sites, and as is the case with many
> people, I didn't remember her number - it being stored on the phone that I
> didn't have, so I couldn't call her on a payphone.

It's a good idea to store useful info on a webmail site like googlemail
(if important info encode it first) which you can access from an internet
cafe.

and or backup your phone contacts to a PC, and or another phone
you have easy access to.

Steve Terry
--
Welcome Sign-up Bonus of �1 when you signup free at:
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/G4WWK

From: Woody on
"Steve Terry" <gfourwwk(a)tesco.net> wrote in message
> "Steve" <Steve(a)nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> Due to my own stupidity I lost my keys whilst popping out for
>> some milk and was locked out of my place without my phone a
>> couple of evenings back. My partner who had a spare set, was
>> on a nightshift, but I didn't know her location as she works
>> at different sites, and as is the case with many people, I
>> didn't remember her number - it being stored on the phone that
>> I didn't have, so I couldn't call her on a payphone.
>>

> It's a good idea to store useful info on a webmail site like
> googlemail
> (if important info encode it first) which you can access from
> an internet cafe.
>
> and or backup your phone contacts to a PC, and or another phone
> you have easy access to.

Is your memory that bad that you can't remember just one number -
probably the most important?

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

From: Andy Burns on
Steve wrote:

> I lost my keys whilst popping out for some milk and
> was locked out

> bought an O2 PAYG SIM card

You should have used it to force the lock open with.

> "I'm sorry, but we can't give out any information about the account over the
> phone"

Quite right, you want anyone and everyone asking O2 for details of who
you called?

From: Graham. on

"Andy Burns" <usenet.aug2009(a)adslpipe.co.uk> wrote in message news:VMydndMVaP_xPpXRnZ2dnUVZ8sydnZ2d(a)brightview.co.uk...
> Steve wrote:
>
>> I lost my keys whilst popping out for some milk and
>> was locked out
>
>> bought an O2 PAYG SIM card
>
> You should have used it to force the lock open with.
>
>> "I'm sorry, but we can't give out any information about the account over the
>> phone"
>
> Quite right, you want anyone and everyone asking O2 for details of who you called?

They'd be happy to debit his bank account for any extra services he ordered
on the strength of the very same security questions he answered.
--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

 |  Next  |  Last