From: David on
I just opened a site called Antivirus AV 7.0, it keeps asking for money and wont let me open any sites, could some one please advise, the site does not show in the "Add or remove programmes"
Many thanks
David
From: Peter Foldes on

SuperAntiSpyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/

MalwareBytes
http://www.malwarebytes.com/

if you wish.

Download and run the MSRT manually:

Reboot.

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

From: 123Jim on

"Peter Foldes" <maci252211(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Download, install, run, update and perform a full scan (separately) with
> the
> following two applications (freeware versions are the ones to use for
> this):
>
> SuperAntiSpyware
> http://www.superantispyware.com/
>
> MalwareBytes
> http://www.malwarebytes.com/
>
> After performing a full scan with one and then the other and removing
> whatever they both find completely, you may uninstall these products,
> if you wish.
>
> Download and run the MSRT manually:
> http://www.microsoft.com/security/malwareremove/default.mspx
>
> Reboot.

If you are unable to access the above websites .. you may need to close IE,
then reset IE to it's original state:
Control Panel > internet options > advanced > reset > apply > ok
Now restart IE and go ahead with Peter's suggestions.

From: 123Jim on
I should have said .. before any of that .. try a system restore in safe
mode .. .. but if that does not restore your access to the web .. then go
ahead try internet options reset, as suggested in my earlier post.

From: Dustin Cook on
"123Jim" <jnkjnjnini(a)uhnuhnunuhnuy.invalid> wrote in

> I should have said .. before any of that .. try a system restore in
> safe mode .. .. but if that does not restore your access to the web ..
> then go ahead try internet options reset, as suggested in my earlier
> post.

Do *NOT* initiate a system restore if your hit by one of those rogue
applications. First, system restore should have been taken offline by it,
second, system restore can do further damage in this case by replacing
files it thinks are damaged with actually modified ones. Not to mention the
registry issues you'll be dealing with.

It's too late now for System Restore to help you.

--
I'm just an ordinary average guy. My friends are all boring, and so am
I. We're just ordinary average guys. We all lead ordinary lives, with