From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Anonymous" <nobody(a)remailer.paranoici.org>

| Thanks in advance for anyone who can tell me what exploit this is or
| what hacker program is being used.

| Incoming P137;138 packets from other computers on a wireless WAN

| Able to change XP(Sp2) Network settings to enable file sharing and
| change DNS servers. If port 137;138 are blocked by software firewall,
| still occurs, probably using another port.

| Virus check using Avira , online trendmicro house call and sophos
| rootkit checker shows no infection.

Why are you not using SP3 on WinXP ?

TCP ports 137 and 138 are NetBIOS over IP and does not necessarily mean a malware
infection. This could just be nodes chattering amongst themselves.

--
Dave

From: Dustin Cook on
Anonymous <nobody(a)remailer.paranoici.org> wrote in

> Thanks in advance for anyone who can tell me what exploit this is or
> what hacker program is being used.
>
> Incoming P137;138 packets from other computers on a wireless WAN
>
> Able to change XP(Sp2) Network settings to enable file sharing and
> change DNS servers. If port 137;138 are blocked by software firewall,
> still occurs, probably using another port.
>
> Virus check using Avira , online trendmicro house call and sophos
> rootkit checker shows no infection.

Hmm. fire up wireshark on your local machines and see what process is doing
what.

--
I'm just an ordinary average guy. My friends are all boring, and so am
I. We're just ordinary average guys. We all lead ordinary lives, with

Pages: 1
Prev: Locked out
Next: Issues with network