From: Marten on
Can anyone offer suggestions as to why one of my users reported this
error: Loading script "\\TOR-SVR-DC1\MCWlogonPRO.vbs" failed
(0xC0000006) ?

The server in question is solely a Domain Controller for about 140
people. The same script is running from other regional DCs without
issue.

Is there an unofficial recommended max size to a login VBS script?
Mine is just 1596 lines long.

Martin
From: Richard Mueller [MVP] on

"Marten" <absolute88(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone offer suggestions as to why one of my users reported this
> error: Loading script "\\TOR-SVR-DC1\MCWlogonPRO.vbs" failed
> (0xC0000006) ?
>
> The server in question is solely a Domain Controller for about 140
> people. The same script is running from other regional DCs without
> issue.
>
> Is there an unofficial recommended max size to a login VBS script?
> Mine is just 1596 lines long.
>
> Martin

I've never heard of a size limit for logon scripts. How do you configure
your logon scripts, with Group Policy or on the "Profile" tab of ADUC? In
both cases, the path should not specify a DC (even if there is only one).
This link details the two methods and where/how to save the *.vbs file:

http://www.rlmueller.net/LogonScriptFAQ.htm

Note that if there is connectivity with other DC's, you can not know for
sure which DC will authenticate the user.

--
Richard Mueller
MVP Directory Services

From: Marten on
We use the Profile tab at this time. We are just starting to look in
group policy functions for other functions. The value in the field is
just the script name "MCWlogonPro.vbs". The file resides in the
Netlogon folder and is of course replicated amongs the servers in the
domain.

The script has been working for the last 2 years without major issue
until the last month. The only thing I can think of is we did a
reinstall of the anti-virus software company wide. I wonder if the
real-time scanner on the DC is slowing response down if it scans the
script file each time it is requested?

Thanks for the reply.

Martin