From: atledreier on
I have a query with 10 fields.

I need the query to return only the records where one of the 10 fields
is NULL. The design window only allow 8 'levels' of criteria...
From: Krzysztof Naworyta on
atledreier wrote:
| I have a query with 10 fields.
|
| I need the query to return only the records where one of the 10 fields
| is NULL. The design window only allow 8 'levels' of criteria...

Menu: Insert > Rows
:)

--
KN
From: atledreier on
Well that was easy! :-)

From: John W. Vinson on
On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 04:37:39 -0700 (PDT), atledreier <atledreier(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

>I have a query with 10 fields.
>
>I need the query to return only the records where one of the 10 fields
>is NULL. The design window only allow 8 'levels' of criteria...

32 actually if you insert rows...

One trick (which works with Number or Text fields) to do it in one criterion
uses the fact that the + operator adds numbers, or concatenates strings, but
also propagates NULLS - so you can include a calculated field

AnyNull: [A] + [B] + [C] + [D]

and use a criterion of IS NULL on it. The concatenation will be NULL if any
one of the elements is NULL.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]