From: SANJAY SHAH-MICROBRAIN COMPUTERS PVT. LTD. on
Dear Sir,

I am using Visual Basic 6, ADO 2.5 & SQL Server 2005.

In my stored procedure I am returning value of fields in output parameters
to calling program ADO Parameters.

It works fine for all data types but it display error following error
message when data type of SQL Server nVarChar(Max) & data type of ADO
parameters is adLongVarWChar while executing statement.

Invalid parameter 109 (''): Data type 0x63 is a deprecated large object, or
LOB, but is marked as output parameter. Deprecated types are not supported
as output parameters. Use current large object types instead.

Please help me, which other data type I can use for output parameters.

Thanks,

Sanjay Shah

From: Dan on

"SANJAY SHAH-MICROBRAIN COMPUTERS PVT. LTD." <sanjay(a)microbrain.in> wrote in
message news:eZ4lwBM0KHA.6104(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Dear Sir,
>
> I am using Visual Basic 6, ADO 2.5 & SQL Server 2005.
>
> In my stored procedure I am returning value of fields in output parameters
> to calling program ADO Parameters.
>
> It works fine for all data types but it display error following error
> message when data type of SQL Server nVarChar(Max) & data type of ADO
> parameters is adLongVarWChar while executing statement.
>
> Invalid parameter 109 (''): Data type 0x63 is a deprecated large object,
> or LOB, but is marked as output parameter. Deprecated types are not
> supported as output parameters. Use current large object types instead.
>
> Please help me, which other data type I can use for output parameters.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sanjay Shah

What provider are you using? You need to be using the SQL Native Client
along with the DataTypeCompatibility keyword set to 80.

Also, why are you using ADO 2.5? Why not 2.8?

--
Dan

From: SANJAY SHAH-MICROBRAIN COMPUTERS PVT. LTD. on
Hi Dan,

Thanks for Reply.

But will it possible to return LongText as output parameters using SQL
Native Client ?

Sanjay Shah

From: SANJAY SHAH-MICROBRAIN COMPUTERS PVT. LTD. on
Hi Dan,

If I use provider SQLNCLI10 then it display error message provider not
found.

I tried to use SQLNCLI as a provider & ADO 2.8 but same error is coming.

From: Scott Morris on
"SANJAY SHAH-MICROBRAIN COMPUTERS PVT. LTD." <sanjay(a)microbrain.in> wrote in
message news:%23CrlUBN0KHA.6104(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Hi Dan,
>
> If I use provider SQLNCLI10 then it display error message provider not
> found.
>
> I tried to use SQLNCLI as a provider & ADO 2.8 but same error is coming.

Have you tried a simple web search?

http://www.google.com/search?q=ado+2.6+varchar%28max%29&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US&ie=utf8&oe=utf8
http://www.devnewsgroups.net/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.adonet/topic62664.aspx

Note the last link has a specific example of this. You might also try
posting to a newsgroup specific to ADO or VB (e.g..,
microsoft.public.vb.database.ado)

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Restore database using SMO