From: confused!! on
i need to look up a list of names across multiple worksheets in two different
workbooks then return the oldest date associated with that name.

How can i do this?
How do i look up the Column A in workbook 1 amongst all the worksheets in
workbook 1 and 2 so to return the latest date in workbook 1 or 2.
example: work book 1 would read
Column A Column B Column C
Look up User ID user ID log on date
Moton Moton 01/01/09
Doe Moton 07/09/09
Flattery Moton 12/09/09

Workbook2 would read
Column A Column B
User ID log on date
Moton 01/01/10
Moton 02/09/10

From: Dave Peterson on
I would do my best to put all the data on one sheet.

If that's impossible, then I would use separate =vlookup() formulas in lots of
different columns. Then look at the results to find the date I wanted.

--

Dave Peterson