From: Cattyloo on
I just purchased a new computer that came loaded with "Office Home and
Student 2007". Outlook is nowhere to be found. I thought it was included.
Do I need to purchase additional software?

If you've got an answer, please post it. An email answer won't reach me
since I don't have Outlook up and running....
From: David C. Holley on
The shortcuts probably don't exist. Open the RUN and type OUTLOOK.EXE.
That'll get it started. The .EXE's for Office should be in C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Office\Office11 or C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Office12 depending on which version you have.

Outlook.exe
Excel.exe
msaccess.exe
powerpnt.exe
winword.exe

From: Gordon on

"Cattyloo" <Cattyloo(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I just purchased a new computer that came loaded with "Office Home and
> Student 2007". Outlook is nowhere to be found. I thought it was
> included.
> Do I need to purchase additional software?
>
> If you've got an answer, please post it. An email answer won't reach me
> since I don't have Outlook up and running....

You thought wrong.
Office Home and Student does NOT contain Outlook.

From: Gordon on

"David C. Holley" <David.C.Holley> wrote in message
> The shortcuts probably don't exist. Open the RUN and type OUTLOOK.EXE.

Eh? That will do precisely NOTHING as Office Home and Student does NOT
contain Outlook.

From: VanguardLH on
Cattyloo wrote:

> I just purchased a new computer that came loaded with "Office Home and
> Student 2007". Outlook is nowhere to be found. I thought it was included.
> Do I need to purchase additional software?

The Home and Student edition is the only 2007 edition that doesn't come with
Outlook (actually, the Starter edition only available in UN-declared 3rd
world countries probably does have it, either).

See:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/fx101635841033.aspx

You can buy Outlook separately to install it; however, as a standalone
install, there will some integration features between Outlook and the other
components of Office 2007 that won't work.

Check with the seller if you can change the Office edition that got bundled
with your new computer. You'll have to pay more for the more complete
bundle. You might also check if you got a full version of Office or just a
trial version. Some computer vendors bloat their software package with a
slew of trialware that becomes useless to the user after a few months.

> If you've got an answer, please post it. An email answer won't reach me
> since I don't have Outlook up and running....

Never expect e-mail replies even if you ask for them. That's an old spammer
trick to get users to voluntarily reveal a working e-mail address. The
expection is that if you have time to post in Usenet then you have the time
to return here for replies. Others searching for the same problem won't
find the solutions here because the discussion got taken offline via e-mail.
Post here, read here, participate here.