From: grwambas on
Hello thmsfrst,

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/B380E99DAAD898B38625710F007003C5?OpenDocument

This link shows an example how to the USB8451 and the SPI  Interace to evaluate a TI  ADC

The example download does not work so i have attached an example for LV8.0 and one for 7.1.

If you have further questions don't hasitate to ask

Stefan

example.7z:
http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/198410/1/example.7z
From: thmsfrst on
Thank you for your help. This example helps, but I still don't understand how to read data out of my SPI device. My SPI device has several registers. Each register has an address and I don't know how to read or write data from/to this registers.
I have a optical mouse sensor chip and I want to read out the motion data as well as the image data. How can I send the address (of my registers) to this device and how can I retrieve the reponse.
From: grwambas on
Hello,

In order to communicate  you have to send the instruction words to
your device, this can be done (as shown in the example) via the "Script
write read VI" in the block conversion and transfer.
This is also mentioned in the article:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/b380e99daad898b38625710f007003c5

"For example, many ADCs require the user to write an 8-bit instruction
that specifies a register to read. After that instruction is written, a
delay is required, followed by dummy data that is written to the slave
device (MOSI) to clock out the specified data."

So you have to find out the instruction words from the vendor of your
device, and these instructions can be sent -> and the device will
respond!

Hope this helps,

Stefan
From: can we generate frequency using counters . if so then what is the range and resolution. on
Hi
I am new to the SPI communication.I need some examples for SPI. The examples given with the NI 8451 are good but i required some more examples for clearing the concept.
Can you send me your VIs which you develop for reading registers for the sensor.
I shall be very thankful if you send these VIs. It is very urgent for me.
Thanks
Regards