From: Derek Simmons on
I realize what I'm looking for might not be out there anymore but I'm
trying to give it my best shot.

A couple of years ago I came across a website that somebody put up
describing an ultimate RISC or MISC processor they were developing.
One of their goals was to be able to run LINUX on it. Was having a
conversation with of friend of mine that made me think of this and I
wondered if they ever achieved their goal.

I think his processor had 16 different instructions and they had
implemented it using an FPGA.

Does this sound familair to anybody?

Thanks,
Derek
From: jacko on
On 22 Feb, 00:45, Derek Simmons <dereks...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I realize what I'm looking for might not be out there anymore but I'm
> trying to give it my best shot.
>
> A couple of years ago I came across a website that somebody put up
> describing an ultimate RISC or MISC processor they were developing.
> One of their goals was to be able to run LINUX on it. Was having a
> conversation with of friend of mine that made me think of this and I
> wondered if they ever achieved their goal.
>
> I think his processor had 16 different instructions and they had
> implemented it using an FPGA.
>
> Does this sound familair to anybody?
>
> Thanks,
> Derek

Can't think of it, the linux thing. Doing processor design myself, but
not interested in booting linux as a primary goal. Getting a boot
loader written to load flash into the 128K memory is my goal. Then
filling the boot sectors of the flash. I think after a little bit of
thought, I will get the on chip flash to be twice as effective almost,
by not using the MSB of the 16 bit word. But that's another day.

cheers jacko

http://nibz.nibzx.co.uk
From: Terryc on
Derek Simmons wrote:

> I think his processor had 16 different instructions and they had
> implemented it using an FPGA.

not sure about this bit, but

> Does this sound familair to anybody?

is "Matchbox website" what you are seeking.

small close to matchbox site that provide infor back via port 80. they
come in various forms depending on inputs from temp sensors to camera.

Pages: 1
Prev: yXpoStMojupFexEAa
Next: Moderator...