From: William Graves on
I need contact information for Yann Collet who developed the BZ2
compression. I would like to add BZ2 compression to Debug4x
(http://www.debug4x.com) as an option but I need permission to use his
sources.

Does anyone have a good email address for Yann?
I posted to 'phantasie.conquest(a)hotmail.fr' without success.
thanks
-- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Bill Graves RKBA!
bgraves(a)ix.netcom.com
From: Han on
On Aug 7, 10:45 am, William Graves <bgra...(a)ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> I need contact information for Yann Collet who developed the BZ2
> compression. I would like to add BZ2 compression to Debug4x
> (http://www.debug4x.com) as an option but I need permission to use his
> sources.
>
> Does anyone have a good email address for Yann?
> I posted to 'phantasie.conqu...(a)hotmail.fr' without success.
> thanks
> -- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> Bill Graves   RKBA!
> bgra...(a)ix.netcom.com

If I am not mistaken, the BZ2 program was written by Mika Heiskanen
and the source is freely available (check the hpcalc.org under the
HP48 compression section).
From: Han on
On Aug 8, 10:12 am, Han <handuongs...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 7, 10:45 am, William Graves <bgra...(a)ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>
> > I need contact information for Yann Collet who developed the BZ2
> > compression. I would like to add BZ2 compression to Debug4x
> > (http://www.debug4x.com) as an option but I need permission to use his
> > sources.
>
> > Does anyone have a good email address for Yann?
> > I posted to 'phantasie.conqu...(a)hotmail.fr' without success.
> > thanks
> > -- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> > Bill Graves   RKBA!
> > bgra...(a)ix.netcom.com
>
> If I am not mistaken, the BZ2 program was written by Mika Heiskanen
> and the source is freely available (check the hpcalc.org under the
> HP48 compression section).

Yep, I'm mistaken.
From: Yann on
Hi William,

sorry i was on holliday up to now.
I did answer your message, you should have it in your mailbox.

to Han : You right, Mika Heiskanen is the author of original BZ
software.
BZ2 is basically a full rewrite, where i've "exported" knowledge and
code from LZD "in a BZ fashion", retaining full compatibility.
In a nutshell, BZ2 runs faster, and compress more too.
It can nonetheless be decompressed by original BZ1 : it's stricly the
same semantic, so it is 100% compatible, both way.

Regards

Yann