From: Dave, I can't do that on
Hi All,

I have a solder-in battery that I suspect may be Li-Ion. On one side
it has

GSP 452540
420mAh 3.7v

and on the other side

452540/42
HKM-036

It is 3/16" thick x 1" wide x 1-1/2" long, one red wire, one black.

Any suggestions on where I can get a couple?

Searches have not turned up much other than possibly a Motorola V70
phone battery but it shows 4-connectors.

Thanks

Dave
From: Tim Wescott on
On 08/12/2010 05:55 PM, Dave, I can't do that wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a solder-in battery that I suspect may be Li-Ion. On one side
> it has
>
> GSP 452540
> 420mAh 3.7v
>
> and on the other side
>
> 452540/42
> HKM-036
>
> It is 3/16" thick x 1" wide x 1-1/2" long, one red wire, one black.
>
> Any suggestions on where I can get a couple?
>
> Searches have not turned up much other than possibly a Motorola V70
> phone battery but it shows 4-connectors.

Try Batteries America. I _think_ their URL is www.batteriesamerica.com.

If that's the place I'm thinking of, they sell single cells.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

From: David Eather on
On 13/08/2010 10:55 AM, Dave, I can't do that wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a solder-in battery that I suspect may be Li-Ion. On one side
> it has
>
> GSP 452540
> 420mAh 3.7v
>
> and on the other side
>
> 452540/42
> HKM-036
>
> It is 3/16" thick x 1" wide x 1-1/2" long, one red wire, one black.
>
> Any suggestions on where I can get a couple?
>
> Searches have not turned up much other than possibly a Motorola V70
> phone battery but it shows 4-connectors.
>
> Thanks
>
> Dave

Two of the connectors on the phone battery are for a thermistor

From: Dave, I can't do that on
Thanks Tim and David,

I will have to take the actual battery out of the Motorola enclosure.
Can I parallel these up for double the life? The unit it came out of
has a piezo "speaker" glued to the battery and I can do without that.
It and the silicone goop they used to hold it in are about the same
size as another battery.

I assume the thermistor is there to shut it down if it gets too hot
with the charger in and in-use. For my use, it is never turned on when
charging. It is either in use, or on charge, never both.

Thanks so much for your help and knowledge.

Dave
From: David Eather on
On 14/08/2010 12:14 AM, Dave, I can't do that wrote:
> Thanks Tim and David,
>
> I will have to take the actual battery out of the Motorola enclosure.
> Can I parallel these up for double the life? The unit it came out of
> has a piezo "speaker" glued to the battery and I can do without that.
> It and the silicone goop they used to hold it in are about the same
> size as another battery.
>
> I assume the thermistor is there to shut it down if it gets too hot
> with the charger in and in-use. For my use, it is never turned on when
> charging. It is either in use, or on charge, never both.
>
> Thanks so much for your help and knowledge.
>
> Dave

My understanding is that you can parallel lithium batteries - but I
would try to find a bigger battery first.