From: bobster on
I like Casper 6.0

http://www.fssdev.com/products/casper/

I've used Casper for a year and have found it to be easy to use, dead-on
reliable and very fast. It is a cloner only, not an imager and if cloning
is your requirement, it's hard to beat. It operates completely within
Windows -- no boot CDs required -- and can be scheduled to turn on your
computer while you sleep and make a bootable clone to either a second
internal HD or to an external HD using a USB or eSATA connection. It has a
free trial version.

I know that Norton Ghost and Acronis are very popular as is Macrium. I've
tried the latter two and much prefer Casper.

Just MHO. As always, YMMV.

"Kelvin" <me(a)mydomain.com> wrote in message
I finally have enough of the same model computers where I can start to think
about cloning...

I found this review and wanted to see if anyone has any advice on what I
should use.
http://disk-imaging-software-review.toptenreviews.com

I've used "Norton Ghost" a few years back, it worked well and I suspect it's
been updated since I used it...

The Paragon and Norton Ghost both have a Change SID option.
When I used Ghost before I used a Microsoft utility SysPrep, I believe it
wiped the SID and then I would make a copy of the disk\partition...

Any real world advice for todays world?
Any considerations for Windows 7? I'm currently running XP Pro but will soon
add some 7 machines.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Kelvin

From: Kelvin on
I've used Sysprep in the past to remove the SID so I could apply the image
to other hardware...
I suspect that woul still be the case...

Kelvin