From: russg on
On Apr 14, 5:55 pm, stop.nospam.gb...(a)shaw.ca (gufus) wrote:
> * Crossposted in ALT.COMP.ANTI-VIRUS
> * Crossposted in ALT.COMP.VIRUS
>
> Hi group(s)
>
> I'm still stuck using MS-DOS workstation(s) on my LAN, that's okay.. us
> dinosaurs need a place to roam too.
>
> Any hoo.. I'm still looking for a anti-viral program for MS-DOS, all the
> competitors dropped support for DOS, any DOS OS.  I'm stuck with DRweb for DOS
> for now. Anyone?
> --
> K Klement
>
> Enhance your marketing at  http://www.gypsy-designs.com
>                            mailto:i...(a)gypsy-designs.com
> Gypsy Designs                        Fax: (403) 242-3221
>
> ... The most delicate component will be dropped.

You know about F-Prot for DOS?

http://www.f-prot.com/download/home_user/download_fpdos.html

From: Virus Guy on
gufus wrote:

> * Crossposted in ALT.COMP.ANTI-VIRUS
> * Crossposted in ALT.COMP.VIRUS

Um no, you didn't cross-post. You multi-posted.

> Any hoo.. I'm still looking for a anti-viral program for MS-DOS,
> all the competitors dropped support for DOS, any DOS OS. I'm
> stuck with DRweb for DOS for now. Anyone?

I answered you yesterday in alt.comp.anti-virus when you asked this same
question.

This was my answer:

Norton Anti-virus 2002:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/sunset-c2002kb.nsf/f7d6cb402f0b760785256ee600549628/5f0d98e09af6733585256edd00478e31?OpenDocument

-----------
The startup scan runs in MS-DOS before Windows 95/98 is loaded. Since
the scan is run in MS-DOS, it is only available on operating systems
that will run on MS-DOS. Windows Me/NT/2000 and XP do not run MS-DOS,
therefore, the startup scan will not appear as a choice on any of these
operating systems.
----------

If you suspect that your system is infected, and if you have already
installed NAV 2002 and have updated it with the Symantec Intelligent
Updater, then follow these steps to run NAV 2002 with the system booted
into DOS:

1. Restart the computer using a clean DOS boot disk (floppy) that
you created on an uninfected computer.

2. Run Navdx.exe (the DOS scanner) from the from the Norton
AntiVirus program folder using the /boot and /repair
switches. For example:

C:> \progra~1\norton~1\navdx.exe /cfg:a /boot /repair

3. Press Enter and follow the prompts.
From: gufus on
Hi David,

14 Apr 10, David H. Lipman writes to All:

>| That means getting the data /off/ the workstation, then
>| scan it. Egads... a task to-say-the-least, Glad DRweb
>| still supports DOS, It's just to slow!

> No. You don't get it !

<stupid grin>

> Once you know the DOS wkstn is clean, you ONLY have to scan
> the files going INTO the DOS wkstan. All DOS viruses are
> WELL KNOWN. There are no new ones.

It is clean, and ya fer sure. No one is writing DOS viruses, The workstation
is /also/ a server for Fidonet, I get data from my uplink(s) and send it to my
down link(s). Avira would be easy to setup to scan in-coming data from Fido.
We use two methods "IO" Internet only, "POTS" Plane old telephone system.

> If the DOS wkstn is NOT connected to a LAN then the ONLY
> ingress is via storage media that you scan PRIOR to bringing
> to the DOS wkstn.

It is, I use the internet to piggy-back data for Fido. I have program's that
move Fido data on the server, and then back to the workstation(s). It's pretty
slick, and no $$ to move Fido data.

--
K Klement

Enhance your marketing at http://www.gypsy-designs.com
mailto:info(a)gypsy-designs.com
Gypsy Designs Fax: (403) 242-3221

.... A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg.
From: gufus on
Hi russg,

14 Apr 10, russg writes to Gypsy BBS:

> You know about F-Prot for DOS?

Yep... the last time I check they dumped DOS.

> http://www.f-prot.com/download/home_user/download_fpdos.html

I'll go look...

Thanks!

--
K Klement

Enhance your marketing at http://www.gypsy-designs.com
mailto:info(a)gypsy-designs.com
Gypsy Designs Fax: (403) 242-3221

.... IOT trap -- core dumped
From: gufus on
Hello, russg!

You wrote on Wed, 14 Apr 2010 15:41:37 -0700 (PDT):

r>
r> You know about F-Prot for DOS?
r>
r> http://www.f-prot.com/download/home_user/download_fpdos.html

Nope, the dats/scan engine in the F-prot available for DL are old dated
6/15/2006 , I have the last dats version dated, 5/3180, I didn't see if I
could DL their latest dats, if they even will work with the scan engine I
have. It's F-prot's last DOS scan engine. I think.
--
With best regards, gufus. E-mail: stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Prev: Ping: Dustin
Next: antivir za win98