From: Lee on

I have a lookup column that pulls from another Sharepoint list. I have data
from a previous Excel list that I would like to add to that column. If I ty
and copy and paste using datasheet view it will not let me paste text into a
lookup column. Is there any way to accomplish this?

--
Lee Morgenstein
From: "Lambert Qin [MSFT]" on
Hi Lee,

I can copy the Excel data to the lookup column in the datasheet view
without problem in my local.

Please avoid the following scenarios cause the copy&paste in datasheet view
to fail and try again.
1. The copy area is not same with the paste area.
2. The value is cannot be found in the referred list.

If the issue still persists, could you please let me know the detailed
steps to reproduce the issue for further investigation.
If there is no sensitive data in the site and Excel file, please upload the
excel file and exported site using export command to the workspace:
Workspace URL:
(https://sftasia.one.microsoft.com/ChooseTransfer.aspx?key=efcc4d97-73fc-4f3
e-92c4-f3641c012fc8)
Workspace URL: -]!hq376Rx1x*Ny+

Let me know the result if possible.

Sincerely,
Lambert Qin
Microsoft Online Support

From: Lee on
Lambert
Thansk for he response. I am copying from ccolumn to column. Not sure what
you mean by The value is cannot be found in the referred list. Ican send you
part of the spreadsheet but what is the other item you are asking me to send?

--
Lee Morgenstein

From: Lee on
Also the link you sent to upload doesnt work
--
Lee Morgenstein

From: "Lambert Qin [MSFT]" on
Hi Lee,

Sorry for not explaining clearly.

Suppose the you have a Category list, and Product list.
The Product list has a lookup column referred to Category list.
You copied data from the Excel file. If Category data in the file does not
existed in Category list (referred list), then paste to datasheet view may
fail.

Beside the excel, I asked you to send the exported site because I need to
reproduce your issue locally.
You could use stsadm -o export command, see more information at:

I tested the workspace and it worked.
In case this is a temporary service outage, I create a new workspace for
you, please upload the files from either workspace.
Workspace URL:
(https://sftus.one.microsoft.com/ChooseTransfer.aspx?key=7ffc7581-5614-4379-
9fe9-ba1b8be592a7)
Workspace URL: ]iqOAP9p$U$dxjb