From: Here In Oregon on

"Bob Donald" > Yeah, Newegg has been great to deal with, and sometimes I
think that they
> are reading my mind on the orders. I've ordered stuff on a tuesday night,
> and it was here thursday! They do have a great return policy <only had to
> use it once, on one of the usb tv tuners> and I love the reviews on there.

Yes, the reviews and rating are top notch and I cannot believe how much
stuff I have bought from them with flawless service. It is funny I have
also bought a ton of gear from Musician's Friend but am now buying from
Sweetwater because they are top notch and my salesman is very nice. Around
four years ago I bought this USB MIDI keyboard an Edirol PC50 from
Musician's Friend for around $200.00. Well I go to check my shipping
progress with UPS and I notice it is like 74 pounds or something and I go
what's up with this.

So they deliver it to my door and walk which I cannot stand. They do not
even bother to ring the bell or knock anymore. Anyway, I open the box up
and find they mistakenly sent me the whole original shipping box full of
them. I got like 7 of them for $200.00, so I call MF up and I tell them
this and they want me to box it back up and take it over to the UPS place
and ship it back after they send a return authorization to me. They would
not let UPS pick it up at my door and they never thanked me ever.

At this point in time, I realized they were really not my friend at all and
were just saying that to get my business. <g>

From: Bob Donald on

"> Yes, the reviews and rating are top notch and I cannot believe how much
> stuff I have bought from them with flawless service. It is funny I have
> also bought a ton of gear from Musician's Friend but am now buying from
> Sweetwater because they are top notch and my salesman is very nice.
> Around four years ago I bought this USB MIDI keyboard an Edirol PC50 from
> Musician's Friend for around $200.00. Well I go to check my shipping
> progress with UPS and I notice it is like 74 pounds or something and I go
> what's up with this.

I really like the negative reviews so that I can get a good picture of the
product. Just love it when they have their technical ability rated at High,
and are bitching about windows not seeing the full 4 gig's of memory or the
hard drive formatted at lower than advertised, or knock off egg's because of
things that are clearly their own ignorance. It gives you a good picture of
whether the product is really bad.

> So they deliver it to my door and walk which I cannot stand. They do not
> even bother to ring the bell or knock anymore. Anyway, I open the box up
> and find they mistakenly sent me the whole original shipping box full of
> them. I got like 7 of them for $200.00, so I call MF up and I tell them
> this and they want me to box it back up and take it over to the UPS place
> and ship it back after they send a return authorization to me. They would
> not let UPS pick it up at my door and they never thanked me ever.

I've had spotty luck with them, but that is outrageous! You try being
honest with them and they act like they are doing you a favor by giving you
a return authorization, so you should waste the time boxing it up and
driving it to UPS.

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Reap This
Next: 4:3 LCD ... or Fix for no Wide rez?