From: Brian T on
Hello all,

I have a form that has a combo box for Project Numbers (these are text since
they are alphanumeric) and I would like to automatically fill in the Project
Name. I am using Access 2007. Any embedded macro help would be great.

Thanks,
From: John W. Vinson on
On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 10:13:02 -0700, Brian T <BrianT(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>I have a form that has a combo box for Project Numbers (these are text since
>they are alphanumeric) and I would like to automatically fill in the Project
>Name. I am using Access 2007. Any embedded macro help would be great.
>
>Thanks,

WHERE do you want to "fill it in"? You can certainly *display* it on the form;
just include the project name in the combo box's Row Source query, set the
Column Count large enough to include it, and put a textbox with a control
source like

=comboboxname.Column(n)

where n is the zero-based index of the column containing the name.

If you want to store the project name redundantly in a table other than the
table of projects... well, don't, unless you have some VERY good reason. If
you have such a reason please explain.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Brian T on
John,

I am using the form to create a report (which is a form letter) and I want
the project name to show up in the report and I can't fiugre out how to get
it in there.

From: John W. Vinson on
On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 07:24:03 -0700, Brian T <BrianT(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>John,
>
>I am using the form to create a report (which is a form letter) and I want
>the project name to show up in the report and I can't fiugre out how to get
>it in there.

Base the Report, not on your table, but on a Query joining your table to the
Projects table. Include the ProjectName from the Projects table on the report.
If you're assuming that a report must be based on a table containing all the
fields to be printed, revise that assumption - the vast bulk of reports will
be based on multitable queries.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]