From: Maanu on
Hi,

Is there any API available for detecting loss of network connection?

Thanks!
From: Stefan Hoffmann on
hi Maanu,

On 11.06.2010 11:48, Maanu wrote:
> Is there any API availale in .Net for detecting loss of network connection?
No, not really, as you cannot determine even the fact, if you're
connected to a network.

Ping the desired service or server instead.

mfG
--> stefan <--
From: Maanu on
Does it mean that I cannot detect the Local Area Connection Status using .Net
API?

From: Stefan Hoffmann on
hi Maanu,

On 11.06.2010 13:28, Maanu wrote:
>>> Is there any API availale in .Net for detecting loss of network connection?
>> No, not really, as you cannot determine even the fact, if you're
>> connected to a network.
>> Ping the desired service or server instead.
> Does it mean that I cannot detect the Local Area Connection Status using .Net
> API?
You can detect, if your LAN NIC is working or not, but this does not
allow any conclusion about a connection loss. As for example the loss
may occur beyond the NIC and your PC.

You may take a look at

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.net.networkinformation.networkchange%28VS.95%29.aspx

mfG