From: Tom Serface on
I've seen some pretty rude messages on these boards go uncensored over the
years so I'd bet it's not that. They do censor spam so maybe your message
looked like and advertisement...

Tom

From: Tom Serface on
You know that is not it ... :o)

Tom

From: Hector Santos on
The mail lost were purely technical. Joe's mail was lost too.

--
HLS
From: Tim Slattery on
Hector Santos <sant9442(a)nospam.gmail.com> wrote:

>Well, if the news server is accepting the NNTP article POSTing and
>returns a message id for the post, but it never shows up, something
>more than a "glitch" is happening.

MS does screen postings to its servers for SPAM. They don't tell
*anybody* exactly what they're screening for (including MVPs). There
are, inevitably, times when messages seem to go into a black hole for
not known reason.

--
Tim Slattery
Slattery_T(a)bls.gov
From: Hector Santos on
Tim Slattery wrote:

> Hector Santos <sant9442(a)nospam.gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Well, if the news server is accepting the NNTP article POSTing and
>> returns a message id for the post, but it never shows up, something
>> more than a "glitch" is happening.
>
> MS does screen postings to its servers for SPAM. They don't tell
> *anybody* exactly what they're screening for (including MVPs). There
> are, inevitably, times when messages seem to go into a black hole for
> not known reason.

I agree. But my mail isn't spam.

I lost four postings since yesterday. This is becoming very
concerning to me and I really wish some lurking MSFT person or MVP
personal privy to the MSFT ears can address or see whats going on.

I would rather be told that they are filtering the messages for a
reason and be told why and then change whatever content (or context)
they don't like rather than to be left in LIMBO, wasting time
responding to people questions only to have the MAIL accepted by the
news server (which is directly at news.microsoft.com, not thru some
mirror) and then lost in storage.

Personally, I sense there is a software glitch with mail that deep in
threads and it might have a problem reading the Reference: header line
or lines.

--
HLS