From: Dave, I can't do that on
> How are you going to calibrate it?

Hold it out the car window in a windless day. Travel at 20mph in both
directions. ;-)

Dave

From: Dave, I can't do that on
> It was amazed that it was so sensitive
> that you could see bumps that resembled

The wind here goes from no wind to gusts up to 75mph in less than 10
minutes. It is not an uncommon thing to see the forecast stating
"gusts to 60mph". The recent 75 was not common, but 50 to 60 happens
about 30 days a year. Our Building Code is for 90mph.

Those wind speeds preclude anything bigger than the cup windmill I
have which is around 4" or 5" diameter. The next bigger cup windmill
was rated at 55mph max and that was only about 2" bigger in diameter.

Dave