From: Jim Thompson on
Let's Take A Vote...

While I write this up, hopefully sometime this weekend, let me ask for
votes...

How many think, as Larkin opines, "charge is not conserved" ??

How many think charge IS conserved ??

Just curious what I'm up against here.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Spice is like a sports car...
Only as good as the person behind the wheel.
From: John Fields on

From: John Fields on
On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 15:52:06 -0700, Jim Thompson
<To-Email-Use-The-Envelope-Icon(a)On-My-Web-Site.com> wrote:

>Let's Take A Vote...
>
>While I write this up, hopefully sometime this weekend, let me ask for
>votes...
>
>How many think, as Larkin opines, "charge is not conserved" ??
>
>How many think charge IS conserved ??
>
>Just curious what I'm up against here.

---
Cordially, Jim,

All you're up against is Larkin's sophistry, and whether any of us
votes as to whether charge is conserved or not is immaterial, since
nature rules.

Post what you've got and let the chips fall where they may, there's
always Wikipedia which supports your position:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_charge#Conservation_of_electric_charge

On the other hand, if Larkin's right and energy is conserved but
charge isn't, then since charge is a measure of force, unbalanced lost
charge might be able to be used for propulsion.

From: John Larkin on
On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 19:30:25 -0500, John Fields
<jfields(a)austininstruments.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 15:52:06 -0700, Jim Thompson
><To-Email-Use-The-Envelope-Icon(a)On-My-Web-Site.com> wrote:
>
>>Let's Take A Vote...
>>
>>While I write this up, hopefully sometime this weekend, let me ask for
>>votes...
>>
>>How many think, as Larkin opines, "charge is not conserved" ??
>>
>>How many think charge IS conserved ??
>>
>>Just curious what I'm up against here.
>
>---
>Cordially, Jim,
>
>All you're up against is Larkin's sophistry, and whether any of us
>votes as to whether charge is conserved or not is immaterial, since
>nature rules.
>
>Post what you've got and let the chips fall where they may, there's
>always Wikipedia which supports your position:
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_charge#Conservation_of_electric_charge
>

>On the other hand, if Larkin's right and energy is conserved but
>charge isn't, then since charge is a measure of force, unbalanced lost
>charge might be able to be used for propulsion.

Charge is measured in coulombs. Force is measured in newtons. So how
is charge "a measure of force"?

John

From: Jim Thompson on
On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 17:38:45 -0700, John Larkin
<jjlarkin(a)highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 19:30:25 -0500, John Fields
><jfields(a)austininstruments.com> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 15:52:06 -0700, Jim Thompson
>><To-Email-Use-The-Envelope-Icon(a)On-My-Web-Site.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Let's Take A Vote...
>>>
>>>While I write this up, hopefully sometime this weekend, let me ask for
>>>votes...
>>>
>>>How many think, as Larkin opines, "charge is not conserved" ??
>>>
>>>How many think charge IS conserved ??
>>>
>>>Just curious what I'm up against here.
>>
>>---
>>Cordially, Jim,
>>
>>All you're up against is Larkin's sophistry, and whether any of us
>>votes as to whether charge is conserved or not is immaterial, since
>>nature rules.
>>
>>Post what you've got and let the chips fall where they may, there's
>>always Wikipedia which supports your position:
>>
>>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_charge#Conservation_of_electric_charge
>>

>>On the other hand, if Larkin's right and energy is conserved but
>>charge isn't, then since charge is a measure of force, unbalanced lost
>>charge might be able to be used for propulsion.
>
>Charge is measured in coulombs. Force is measured in newtons. So how
>is charge "a measure of force"?
>
>John

Let the John "The Bloviator" Larkin sophistry begin ;-)

...Jim Thompson