From: John Larkin on
On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 11:24:34 -0700 (PDT), Nunya
<jack_shephard(a)cox.net> wrote:

>On Jul 23, 9:20�pm, John Larkin
><jjlar...(a)highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 18:43:06 -0700, Rich Grise <richgr...(a)example.net>
>> wrote:

>> >What's "electromotive force?" Its units are "volts," right?
>>
>> Now force is measured in volts? Dang, I was just getting used to
>> measuring it in coulombs.
>>

>> >What was the original question?
>>
>> I have no idea. We're waiting for a "mathematical proof" of something,
>> which might even include a statement of the problem. They often start
>> out that way.
>>
>> John
>
>The Coulomb is a measure of flow idiot. Not flow rate, but flow
>amount.
>The volt is 'our' measure of force in this realm of 'charge' we
>discuss here,
>idiot, and has a direct relationship to the RATE at which those
>coulombs
>get to flow.
>
> So, are you now claiming to be "not one of us"? That figures as
>well.

I'm an electronics design engineer. I have no idea what you and your
pals are.

I use SI units; what do your buddies work in?

John

From: Phil Hobbs on
John Fields wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 15:52:06 -0700, Jim Thompson
> <To-Email-Use-The-Envelope-Icon(a)On-My-Web-Site.com> wrote:
>
>> Let's Take A Vote...
>>
>> While I write this up, hopefully sometime this weekend, let me ask for
>> votes...
>>
>> How many think, as Larkin opines, "charge is not conserved" ??
>>
>> How many think charge IS conserved ??
>>
>> Just curious what I'm up against here.

http://www.cafepress.com/dd/1478200

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal
From: Jim Thompson on
On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 11:24:55 -0700, John Larkin
<jjlarkin(a)highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 11:15:09 -0700 (PDT), Nunya
><jack_shephard(a)cox.net> wrote:
>
>>On Jul 24, 8:30�am, John Larkin
>><jjlar...(a)highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote:

>>> If you experience a pig, does that make you a pig?
>>>
>>> Look at the SI units if you want to determine if things are the same.
>>>
>>> Is a pig a Field?
>>>
>>> John
>>
>> You are an absolute idiot, Johnny. IF we were talking about
>>MECHANICAL force,then yes, the unit might be described
>>in Newtons. SINCE we are talking about electronic principals
>>(you do know what the word 'principal' means, right?), then
>>the FORCE being mentioned would OBVIOUSLY be EMF
>>or abvolts.
>> Grow up, you idiot.
>
>Force is measured in newtons. Look it up.
>
>Now we have claims that coulombs, volts, and abvolts are all measures
>of force. Any other contributions? Can you measure force in
>milliseconds, or in henries? Do any units mean anything at all?
>
>John

Here we go again. It just depends on what your definition of
"electromotive force" is :-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Spice is like a sports car...
Only as good as the person behind the wheel.
From: Jim Thompson on
On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 14:38:53 -0400, Phil Hobbs
<pcdhSpamMeSenseless(a)electrooptical.net> wrote:

>John Fields wrote:
>> On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 15:52:06 -0700, Jim Thompson
>> <To-Email-Use-The-Envelope-Icon(a)On-My-Web-Site.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Let's Take A Vote...
>>>
>>> While I write this up, hopefully sometime this weekend, let me ask for
>>> votes...
>>>
>>> How many think, as Larkin opines, "charge is not conserved" ??
>>>
>>> How many think charge IS conserved ??
>>>
>>> Just curious what I'm up against here.
>>

>http://www.cafepress.com/dd/1478200
>
>Cheers
>
>Phil Hobbs

Of course. Child molestation exists in Catholic land ONLY if you get
caught.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat |

Help Stamp Out Racism... Recycle Congress In 2010
From: Phil Hobbs on
Jim Thompson wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 14:38:53 -0400, Phil Hobbs
> <pcdhSpamMeSenseless(a)electrooptical.net> wrote:
>
>> John Fields wrote:

>> http://www.cafepress.com/dd/1478200
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Phil Hobbs
>
> Of course. Child molestation exists in Catholic land ONLY if you get
> caught.
>
> ...Jim Thompson

As I said to Vlad the other day, where I come from we know a trick worth
two of that one. You can get more integrated current out of a
transformer than you put in, too. So what?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs