From: Sabretooth Sloth on
Every time I try and open a certain fla file, I get repeated warnings that say:
'could not open this scene probably because of low memory. To increase
available memory, close open documents.' or 'could not open this scene
probably because of low memory. To increase available memory, quit Flash and
allocate more virtual memory in the System Properties dialogue box.

Well, I went into my system properties and allocated over 2000Megs into
virtual memory but I still get the warnings. The fla I am trying to open is
119 Megs. My computer has 512 Megs of Ram, and I have no other programs
running. I also have no flash documents open. Also, when I try and open the
fla in an older version of flash (flash mx2004), there are no problems. When I
open it in flash 8, I get the repeated warnings, and then when that's all over,
several sounds on the timeline are absent (replaced by the script: sound not
loaded). Yes, my fla has alot of sound files, but not more than many other
flash files I've seen playing on the web... What's going on??

From: urami_ on

Sabretooth Sloth wrote:
> Every time I try and open a certain fla file, I get repeated warnings that say:
> 'could not open this scene probably because of low memory. To increase
> available memory, close open documents.' or 'could not open this scene
> probably because of low memory. To increase available memory, quit Flash and
> allocate more virtual memory in the System Properties dialogue box.
>
> Well, I went into my system properties and allocated over 2000Megs into
> virtual memory but I still get the warnings. The fla I am trying to open is
> 119 Megs. My computer has 512 Megs of Ram, and I have no other programs
> running. I also have no flash documents open. Also, when I try and open the
> fla in an older version of flash (flash mx2004), there are no problems. When I
> open it in flash 8, I get the repeated warnings, and then when that's all over,
> several sounds on the timeline are absent (replaced by the script: sound not
> loaded). Yes, my fla has alot of sound files, but not more than many other
> flash files I've seen playing on the web... What's going on??

Was having the same problem while back, for unknown reason having way more resources than you
i was getting this error with few particular file.

Chris (mudbubble.com) suggested it had something to do with bitmap images in the
library getting corrupted. I remove all, save the file as new, re import and in fact the problem went
away. Perhaps you could try it .

--
Regards

Urami

--

Happy New Year guys - all the best there is in the 2006 :)

<urami>
http://www.Flashfugitive.com
</urami>

<web junk free>
http://www.firefox.com
</web junk free>
From: flashmel on
well, at least I know it is not just me. I got a new computer at work about a
month and a half ago, and now get the "sound not loaded " script anytime I open
more than 3 files at a time. I don't have any bitmaps...soI am guessing that
would not be my problem ;) As for the ram issue, I have 3 gigs (one of the
reasons I got the new computer :). If any one has any other suggestions I'd
love to hear the answer, too.

From: Sabretooth Sloth on
I'd like to thank you, Urami for your very helpful advice and suggestions. You've got me out of some very frustrating situations on more than one occasion!