From: alwaysquestions on
"Ant" <not(a)home.today> wrote in

> <alwaysquestions(a)yahoonospam.net> wrote:
>
>> LSASS.EXE:256 UDP 4500
>> LSASS.EXE:256 UDP user:isakmp
>>
>> Is this normal or should I close the ports?
>
> They're not open on my system (Win2k), but then I'm not running the
> IPSec service.
>
> From the IANA port list:
>
> Keyword Decimal Description
> ------- ------- -----------
>
> isakmp 500/tcp isakmp
> isakmp 500/udp isakmp
>
> ipsec-msft 4500/tcp Microsoft IPsec NAT-T
> ipsec-msft 4500/udp Microsoft IPsec NAT-T

Is running IPsec necessary if you're using a router but only have one
computer attached as a home user? Checking Services dependencies, I see
that no other services are dependent upon IPsec, though it's dependent on
plenty.
From: David H. Lipman on
From: <alwaysquestions(a)yahoonospam.net>

| Is running IPsec necessary if you're using a router but only have one
| computer attached as a home user? Checking Services dependencies, I see
| that no other services are dependent upon IPsec, though it's dependent on
| plenty.

Not neccessary but, not harmful either.
It certainly did NOT need to be Cross-Posted to;
microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

First  |  Prev  |