From: Peter Herth on
Texaner wrote:
> Hello Peter,
>
> already tried this. Receive the following error message from slime
> debugger:
>
> couldn't write to #<SB-SYS:FD-STREAM for "descriptor 12" {12B73129}>:
> Broken pipe
> [Condition of type SB-INT:SIMPLE-STREAM-ERROR]
>
> Have you got an idea what went wrong?
>
> Thanks.

The only time I got such a message was, when I killed wish, and Lisp
didn't notice it. When exactly do you get the message? Do you have
Tcl/Tk installed? What happens if you type "wish" in the Mac terminal?
I am doing the LTk development with SBCL on OS X 10.4, so this
combination should really work :)

Peter

--
Ltk, the easy lisp gui http://www.peter-herth.de/ltk/
From: Texaner on
Hello Peter,

that was it. I did not install Tcl/Tk because I read several times in
the internet that a subset of Tk is already integrated in Mac OS X and
therefore an installation would not be necessary.

Now everything works well. Great!

Thank you very much and sorry for any inconveniences answering my
"stupid" questions.

From: daBittweiler on
try: (asdf:operate 'asdf-load-op 'ltk)
then (ltk:ltktest)
if your trying this at the REPL.

From: daBittweiler on

From: Texaner on
Dear all,

I'm back with a basic questions again:

Today I wanted to read and try out the ltk-Tutorial. So I first typed
in the "Hello world"-example on page 5:

(defun hello-1 ()
(with-ltk ()
(let ((b (make-instance 'button
:master nil
:text "Press Me"
:command (lambda ()
(format t "Hello World!~&")))))
(pack b))))

Starting hello-1 then resulted in:

There is no class named BUTTON.
[Condition of type SIMPLE-ERROR]

Restarts:
0: [ABORT-REQUEST] Abort handling SLIME request.
1: [ABORT] Exit debugger, returning to top level.

Backtrace:
0: (SB-PCL::FIND-CLASS-FROM-CELL BUTTON NIL T)
1: (SB-PCL::INSTALL-OPTIMIZED-CONSTRUCTOR #<SB-PCL::CTOR
{1290E6BD}>)
2: ((LAMBDA (&REST SB-PCL::ARGS)) #<FUNCTION (LAMBDA NIL)
{12639EC5}>)
3: (HELLO-1)
4: (SB-INT:SIMPLE-EVAL-IN-LEXENV (HELLO-1) #<NULL-LEXENV>)
5: (SWANK::EVAL-REGION "(hello-1)

So what else do I have to do to start with ltk?

Thanks for your answers in advance.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: defparameter VS. defvar / setf