From: Texaner on
Dear all,

today I tried to get Ltk working in my Lisp-environment (as described
above).

I navigated through the internet trying the ASDF-way and trying the
manual way to install everything but all attempts without sucess. Did
not get anything working.

The reason is highly probable my few experiences doing things like
this.

Could anyone give me detailed description what I have exactly got to
do or can anyone provide me a (very) good link dealing with this
issue?

I would be very thankful.
Hope I can start coding GUIs for my programs soon.

From: Peter Herth on
Texaner wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> today I tried to get Ltk working in my Lisp-environment (as described
> above).
>
> I navigated through the internet trying the ASDF-way and trying the
> manual way to install everything but all attempts without sucess. Did
> not get anything working.
>
> The reason is highly probable my few experiences doing things like
> this.
>
> Could anyone give me detailed description what I have exactly got to
> do or can anyone provide me a (very) good link dealing with this
> issue?
>
> I would be very thankful.
> Hope I can start coding GUIs for my programs soon.
>
> Thank you very much in advance for your help.

If your lisp runs under slime, then all you need to do is:
(load "ltk.lisp")
Thats all. Then try running (ltk:ltktest)
If this does not work, please describe your problems in detail.

Peter

--
Ltk, the easy lisp gui http://www.peter-herth.de/ltk/
From: petere on
On May 1, 12:47 pm, Texaner <texane...(a)web.de> wrote:

> I navigated through the internet trying the ASDF-way and trying the
> manual way to install everything but all attempts without sucess. Did
> not get anything working.

Here's what I did for SBCL (on OSX):

(asdf-install:install 'ltk)
(require 'ltk)

test:

(ltk:ltktest)

From: Texaner on
Hello Peter,

already tried this. Receive the following error message from slime
debugger:

couldn't write to #<SB-SYS:FD-STREAM for "descriptor 12" {12B73129}>:
Broken pipe
[Condition of type SB-INT:SIMPLE-STREAM-ERROR]

Have you got an idea what went wrong?

Thanks.

From: Texaner on
Hallo Petere,

your proposal works when using (require 'adsf) and (require 'adsf-
install) before. Installation started and normally (on my system)
aborted with "cannot find ltk-mw" or so but today installation was
exercised completely without this error message.

But (ltk:ltktest) results in:

couldn't write to #<SB-SYS:FD-STREAM for "descriptor 12" {129241A1}>:
Broken pipe
[Condition of type SB-INT:SIMPLE-STREAM-ERROR]

which is the same error message as trying the way along
load"ltk.lisp"... (see above).

Thanks.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3